worst saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stihl 046, early 2001 model.
Worst $600 I ever spent.
I did like it when it ran right though....which was for about the first 10 hours.

The first saw I ever worked on, a Mac 15. Dad bought it cuz it was cheap and he thought it might be handy but that thing caused so much aggravation he finally gave it away. Never took less than 10 minutes of tinkering to get that miserable beast started. Later I learned to hate the small Mac's too. Too hard to work on. What was with taking the whole powerhead out to do any servicing? Then trying to get it to stop leaking oil and gas once back together. Sheesh.
boboak, I would have paid admission to see you deal with that saw.

I have only had 3 saws, so I don't have as much experience as most here...
But the worst of my 3 saws was a Homelite Super 2.
I would pull my shoulder out every time I needed to start it.
Never liked much about the saw, other than it was light and easy to work with.

Ozzie1957 said:
Stihl 046, early 2001 model.
Worst $600 I ever spent.
I did like it when it ran right though....which was for about the first 10 hours.

Ship it to me., I'll give you $50 :hmm3grin2orange:

sal b said:
check out this beauty 18 volt :clap:

Ha!

A buddy of mine got a kit of tools as a wedding gift that included something like that, along with a crappy drill, sander, light, and some other useless thing or another. What a piece of crap! Just on a lark I tried it when I was up on a ladder removing some 1"-2" branches from a pine we were cutting down. What a mistake. I made faster work of removing the branches with a claw hammer than with the 18v Ryobi. And yes, I did try the claw hammer for comparison purposes.

On a ladder removing branches with a claw hammer (was it an Estwing 28oz.?) what a hack, ha, ha, ha, you are lucky Treeco didn't rat you out to the authorities.

Latest posts

Back