Worthy Donation

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
deevo

deevo

Addicted to ArboristSite
Donation to Fire Department

Well as some of you know I am a volunteer Firefighter in my community (14 yrs) We were in desparate need of chain saws (only have 1 working saw) for 6 Fire Stations. I was, and am very fortunate to have been having a very good year with my business and wanted to give back to my Dept. and help our Township out. I bought 2 brand new Stihl MS-290 saws and donated them so we have saws at 3 of our 6 halls. 1 in the south end, 1 in the middle and 1 in the north end of our Township. I presented them to Mayor and Council at the last Council meeting.

bomar

bomar

ArboristSite Operative
if it wasnt for people like you this world wouldnt go round nice job man. way to give back to your community.:msp_thumbup:

Tree Pig

Tree Pig

A.K.A. Stihl-O-Matic
Donation to Fire Department

Well as some of you know I am a volunteer Firefighter in my community (14 yrs) We were in desparate need of chain saws (only have 1 working saw) for 6 Fire Stations. I was, and am very fortunate to have been having a very good year with my business and wanted to give back to my Dept. and help our Township out. I bought 2 brand new Stihl MS-290 saws and donated them so we have saws at 3 of our 6 halls. 1 in the south end, 1 in the middle and 1 in the north end of our Township. I presented them to Mayor and Council at the last Council meeting.

Well now we know who is buying the first round when you get down here... Nice job
:liquor::liquor::cheers::liquor::liquor:

daddycoop

daddycoop

ArboristSite Lurker
I am sure there are many GRANTS out there that would buy you just about anything in that field, have someone help you find that, we at our FD and neighboring FD have bought even thermal imaging stuff, so a chainsaw should be no problem, think it is under homeland security part of it, but there is GRANT money available for fire and rescue as well as PD
good luck

Tree Pig

Tree Pig

A.K.A. Stihl-O-Matic
I am sure there are many GRANTS out there that would buy you just about anything in that field, have someone help you find that, we at our FD and neighboring FD have bought even thermal imaging stuff, so a chainsaw should be no problem, think it is under homeland security part of it, but there is GRANT money available for fire and rescue as well as PD
good luck

You are 100% correct... well that is if he live in the US and not Canada. But I would guess they do similar programs.

deevo

deevo

Addicted to ArboristSite
good luck

We do not get any additional funding from the Federal or Provincial Government like you guys get. The Township does buy us nice trucks and other equipment. But our last Chief ( who is now terminated) blew all of our budget for 2011 & 2012. I won't get into any details here though. So we are starting out in the hole already for 2012. That's why I did this.

daddycoop

daddycoop

ArboristSite Lurker
Well vote on an emergency levy or get busy doing a benefit something, to make money for your department,also look into bigger companies looking to DONATE, it is a 100% write off for them to do so, all I can tell you sorry, hope that helps in some way or another

deevo

deevo

Addicted to ArboristSite
Well vote on an emergency levy or get busy doing a benefit something, to make money for your department,also look into bigger companies looking to DONATE, it is a 100% write off for them to do so, all I can tell you sorry, hope that helps in some way or another

Thanks, yeah it's a write off for me as well. We have had success with bigger companies sponsoring things like our airboat which was a lot of $. But this economy, people aren't shelling out much anymore for anybody. Not like it used to be

Latest posts