WORX ELECTRIC / Echo 352

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wow

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
So a couple year ago due to BS reviews I bought a 16 inch Work saw.
The trigger switch sticks ON all the time. I rigged an external on/off switch because Worx said they don't sell the switch. The stupid Knob used to tighten the chain actually fits into a metal piece attached to the bar. To flip the bar you have to remove a very small screw without loosing it to flip the bar then reattach the metal piece. Good luck with that.
Real chainsaw guys have two nuts and we like them and want to keep them. I'm done with Electric crappy Chainsaws. But, tonight I was playing in the Shop when I decided to see how that WORX bar and chain would work on my cs352. A perfect fit. How often do you pinch a cs352! Very seldom BUT many times I take two saws just in case. So tonight I sharpened the Echo and Worx chains and tested both. Both cut well. The bars are almost identical and both chains fit either bar. Now, theres no reason to carry two saws on my ATV, carry two bars and two sharp chains and if one pinches remove saw attach other bar and chain. Almost like having two saws. Much less trouble. Then to use the Worx electric I drilled an old 20 inch Poulan bar and bolted a flat board to that with spacers making an Alaska saw mill. The Worx now makes boards appreciately 1 inch thick by 15 inch long out of Elm. Thats great for making Wooden wedges and I make a lot.
The Echo cs490 has a big center section in it's bar so binding or pinching that is almost never gonna happen. However the cs490 chain is .325 like my O26 Sthil but Sthils bars don't fit Echo.
Back to Worx Electric. The 16 inch bar draws a lot of Amps. Using that saw on a battery and my 2000/4000 watt inverter is out of the question. However, the small Worx Limbing pole saw has automatic oiler and easily detaches from the pole and I've used it on my inverter. For a few cuts like trailblazing the short bar works well on limbs and saplings. My guess is it's a .404 chain on a 10 inch But most of the stuff I'm trimming is small so that bar seems to be decent. A friend of mine said Horbor Frieght sells a 9 amp Electric with automatic oiler and he loves it. I don't like any Manuel oiler saws. Yes, I've two old Remington electric saws and they have Manuel oliers. That's why they seldom get used. I've thought about using an electric windshield pump to oil those. Good day.

Latest posts

Back