"wow saw "

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chucker

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
?? would you offer or pass?? brainerd craigslist > for sale / wanted > farm & garden
please flag with care:

miscategorized

prohibited

spam/overpost

best of craigslist

Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info
==CHAINSAW-JONSERED-920== - $395 (nisswa)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-10-20, 9:48PM CDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The biggest and most powerful saw you can buy, 90cc of pure wood-cutting power, starts and runs good, will take up to a 30'' chain, it has a 24'' bar on it now, firm price (paid over $1000 for it)

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2017234220

30" chain? so what is that, about a 14" bar then?

I have a very nice 820 and a decent 920 project. They seem to be luggers, and I'd bet they have oiler and grunt enough for a lot bigger than 30" bar around here. Price is in line with what Ebay has been going for, if you include shipping (one on there now). Kinda high I think, as far as deals go. If you look at it. like it. and want to spend the money - you won't go wrong.

And SteveG, I was going to go with the Episan piston for my 920, 'til I found nos oem right here in town.

Last edited:
Kind of interesting that during the slow economy following 9-1-1, that saw wouldn't bring anywhere near that. Even adjusting for inflation.

Are we smarter now (more of us can find references, like Ebay, for value)?

Or are more of us greedy?

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and in the grand scheme of things, $400 isn't the end of the world. But for $400, one could get a lot more interesting saw. IMO, Jonsered's styling in that era was too "clunky"...that saw replaced the 80/90 saws that have a "funky" style I like. As a user, it would perhaps pose problems: Dotzler implement in Aitkin might have a few odd parts for it, but nobody else would.

So, is a shelf queen worth it? Not to me, but your mileage may differ.

Kind of interesting that during the slow economy following 9-1-1, that saw wouldn't bring anywhere near that. Even adjusting for inflation.

Are we smarter now (more of us can find references, like Ebay, for value)?

Or are more of us greedy?

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and in the grand scheme of things, $400 isn't the end of the world. But for $400, one could get a lot more interesting saw. IMO, Jonsered's styling in that era was too "clunky"...that saw replaced the 80/90 saws that have a "funky" style I like. As a user, it would perhaps pose problems: Dotzler implement in Aitkin might have a few odd parts for it, but nobody else would.

So, is a shelf queen worth it? Not to me, but your mileage may differ.

well. I tend to think everything costs too much, and I also tend to not charge enough for my own work - so it may be I'm the square peg.

I don't tend to haggle for the sake of haggling, and $350 or $400 wouldn't change my mind usually..k ramble..

920 is far from a shelf queen.. not something I would take into the woods everyday, but no shame or doubt in reaching for it to cut big wood.

As long as he is selling what is in the picture, I hope he gets what he is asking. Sure looks clean enough. To buy a 90cc saw new, you would spend upwards of $1000, so I don't see him being deceitful in the ad. I sold a few rebuilt 920's and never got close to $400, but they didn't look as nice.

If you want a 90cc saw that has some grunt, then $400 bucks is a good deal for you. I use mine mostly for felling the larger oaks in the woods I cut from. A bit heavy to do all the work, but nice for felling and bucking the big stuff. Also, would make a nice milling saw.

Back