wow

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamie

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
after climbing at work on multiplait and 4 wrap pruissics i have seen the light,

now that i have my 16 strand, some arbormaster as a life line and some xtc as a lanyard, both have 4over 1 distels and im well impressed.

ive always found prussics a bit on or off, and sometimes locked up. likethe distel, touch it to descend, hold it to fly. grabs nice, releases nice. and teh 16 strand, well there aint much bounce :blob2: when there is a lot of line out.

branch walking, great soo much easier to return, no need to knock myself off balance using a lot of effort.

im a happy customer

jamie

now just wait till you discover the joys of the v.t with a pulley on your false crotch

oops

must admit i didnt use a false crotch... bad i know gonna make one with a pully if i can, do splices fit through any pullys?

jamie

jamie said:
must admit i didnt use a false crotch... bad i know gonna make one with a pully if i can, do splices fit through any pullys?

jamie

I've used a quicklink and a distal hitch on a short piece of climbing line in the past for a FC.

you dont want the splice to pull through the pulley....my setup i have the pulley attached to the retrieval ring on a regular cambium saver so it becomes the retrieval part of the system

i was meaning

i meant tie a knot in the rope and then pull the FC out, the knot jamming against the pully.

jamie

Newbs will read this stuff like foreign language. I read it, and wonder why so much hype gets passed about over finer nuances of old school methods. You call it modern climbing technique, but its a spin off the same stuff you've been climbing on for over a hundred years.

Do you guys have any idea how hard you make it ? I read endless replies by guys in the beginning and midst of a long, shallow learning curve, the mastry of which could take years. You're still on 13 mm AND IT'S STILL AN ARCHAIC CLIMBING SYSTEM.

I'm sorry. I'm having to stomp my foot down because you guys aren't talking to the newbies. You're doing shop-talk amongst yourselves. The limitations your current DbRT system imposes in both learnability and mechanical inefficiency amaze me every time I go there or see someone using it.

A lot of men over history have based their careers on this school of climbing. Now for me to criticize a system that's used by 99.999999999% of all tree guys is pretty blazingly bold, but my stance is that YOU'VE GOT IT ALL WRONG!

Latest posts

Back