Wright 137A

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

novaman64

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody had any info about a Wright 137A saw. I have an old one, hadn't ran in about 5 years (sold property and moved to the city, but just picked up 5 acres again :clap: ). The bar and chain on it were shot so went down to the local saw shop and found that a Husky bar was the same oiling hole and mounting pattern, so picked up a 20in bar and chain. Cleaned out the tank and she fired right up. I was wondering if anybody knows more about this saw, like how big the motor is, I got the part number off the carb (Tillotson) and looked the model up online and the Tillotson site says that carb is designed for a 50-100cc 2 stroke engine...

Any info people might have would be appreciated. I am looking at picking up another saw, like a Husky 455 Rancher... Opinions? And what was the differences between the older 55 Rancher and the 455 Rancher. Is it even worth getting a new saw? I will be cutting about 2 cords a year and then any trees that fall during a storm...

137a

heres some info

http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...a76818409a3b5f2888256b5400196d77?OpenDocument

the 137a was made by poulan, elux owns poulan and husky.
probably why the husky bar fit up to it.
the 455 rancher is ok for the occational user, it should last a few years at only a couple cord a year.
the rancher is on the bottom of the husky line up, i would take a look at their better quality stuff first.
but that just me ..
hope this helps

Actually Wright company was bought out by Poulan way way before Elux even thought about buying out Poulan, so any bar fitup stuff is luck.

That same saw was also made for Dayton and I think for Sears.

Actually the Oregon mount to fit that 137A is a D176. If you used the small Husky mount, the K095 there very close as the slot is only .2mm bigger.

If you used a big Husky D009 bar it will be very sloppy on the bar studs since there only 8mm and the D009 mount has a 9mm slot.

For only a couple cords a year that saw will do it if its in good conditon and maintained.

heres some info

http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...a76818409a3b5f2888256b5400196d77?OpenDocument

the 137a was made by poulan, elux owns poulan and husky.
probably why the husky bar fit up to it.
the 455 rancher is ok for the occational user, it should last a few years at only a couple cord a year.
the rancher is on the bottom of the husky line up, i would take a look at their better quality stuff first.
but that just me ..
hope this helps

Cool, thanks for the info, thats super helpful. I actually found a good deal on a used Husky 359 ($240) so I picked that up...

137a

the 359 will get the job done and out last the rancher

i'm not sure either mark when elux came into the picture, but i'm sure your right, it was long after the 137a was made.

Back