Writer for the new magazine?????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim@turf

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi, Jim Kendrick here, publisher of TURF magazine and our newest TREE SERVICES magazine (hope you've signed up for a free subscription at treeservicesmagazine.com)

Anyway ... we're looking for someone to write a monthly column specific to the technical aspects of climbing -- 600-1000 words, pictures would be great but not necessary ... and of course, we pay.

If you are qualified ... or know someone who might be ... please be in touch.

Also ... if there are any kinds of articles or columns you'd like to see in the new magazine, please let me know.

Thanks!

[email protected]

The first issue is out there. They are mailed from Wisconsin (the printer is there) and I got mine in Vermont.

Please ... email me your addresses (both of you) so I can check with our subscriptions dept. and make sure nothing went wrong with the database.

[email protected]

I received mine a few days ago. It looks promising, although this first issue is a bit thin, with a lot of ads (I know, they pay the bills). I liked the root pruning article. I've always been opposed to root pruning, but I like the ideas presented in this article.

jim, i would be interested in pursuing a little writing venture. i have written a little in the past (mostly for the student newspaper in college). in fact i am beginning a project right now that i have been ruminating over for quite some time now: it is still in the devlopmental stages and i think a little literary cross-training would be excellent. i am an avid tree climber/technician. tree service has been my sole vocation for the last six years or so. this sounds right up my alley. jjl

Latest posts

Back