Wt-194 carb set up and new bar ms260pro

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redoakranch

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I started a new thread to detail the carb set up and new bar, below was where I ended up.

So it looks like I need a wt-194-1 and I have to put the compensating part from the old carb on it right? Should I buy the used E-bay carb for $40 and a carb kit right off the bay, or go for "new" $80? I'll replace all the hoses at the same time as well. Anything I'm missing to swap carbs?

Second question, the bar is badly grooved near the sprocket and i want to replace it. There were so many options on Baileys I gave up, no knock on Baileys i just don't know anything about bar options. What's a good fire wood bar for the saw? .325 .063 81
I've looked around and see the stock Stihl bar and Oregon pro lite are common no Sugi .325 seem to be available. Any other ideas?

For me forty bucks from someone I know and a kit is one thing , forty bucks , shipping , a kit and issues because the description was correct but omitted details from the bay can sure add time which can make that 80$$ pretty cheap sometimes .

Used carbs are a real gamble. Sometimes they are "on the cheap" because someone discovered they were bad and decided to move them down the road. (There are exceptions I know). There are also reputable sellers who sell with a return policy of these items as an added guarantee. The choice is entirely up to you (since it's your money). If you have the change for the new one - HEY spring for it!

As for the bar. I believe the ideal bar for this saw is the 18" with an .063 gauge x .325 pitch chain. (That being said I know many who run the 3/8's chain and swear by them). This is just my preference. I also like the rim sprocket combination. It makes sprocket maintenance much cheaper and easier. I believe the last replacement rim I bought was $7.00 -- genuine OEM.

I ended up getting an oregon bar unused for free that was an exact match. On the carb side I got a used one with a 14 day return option for $39OTD. I wanted to go new but its not my money on this one and my labor is free. Does Sugi make a .325 bar? I think I've seen them in action but now that I wanted one they were all 3/8 on HEV web site. By the end of next week I should be posting if I got burned on the carb or not.

The "compensating" part is there to compensate for dirty air filters - and not needed if you keep the air filter decently clean.

I did the carbon swap about a mo.th ago. Bought from a well respected AS guy. For b/c I'd stay .325/063 and no more than 18" bar. That saw loves tba combo.

Back