WT 402B

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanAyo

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I pulled the welch plug and there are 4 holes. 3 holes were easily cleaned but a fourth hole either has a bend in the hole or it may be clogged. See image below showing the hole in question. I think it runs to the check valve but not sure.
623651FA-309E-47E3-8346-584D2972AE68.jpeg
Should I be able to pass the smallest of torch cleaning wires through this hole?
Thanks in Advance,
Danny Ayo

That looks like the passage that feed fuels to the low speed circuit and comes from the drilling where the L screw controls the amount of fuel, from there it probably leads to the check valve and you do NOT want to be poking any wires into the check valve. With all the turns and corners in the fuel feed passages, it isn't reasonable to expect to push wires through them, the best method to verify them is to use a can of carb cleaner and spray into the passages and openings with the flex tube on the can. If you spray into the L hole, you should see it come out the area where the 3 holes are and if you spray into the check valve it should come out the L hole and the idle cavity. Do not use high pressure air on the check valve as it could destroy it.

I am having very good results using a heated ultrasonic cleaner. $100 on eBay for a 6-liter unit. Been using water-based parts cleaner solution.

The heat really helps loosen gunk up. I disassemble the carb down as far as I can. Sometimes I remove welch plugs if carb insides looking really bad but most times not.

I run carbs for 15 min. at 120* then remove and blast all the orifices with carb cleaner like Gumout or Gum-Solve. NO COMPRESSED AIR! Air dry up to ambient temp then re-assemble with a new kit.

It's been said many times here but get a spray bottle of mix to test your saw not carb cleaner because it has no oil. I understand it was maybe once or twice but it becomes a bad habit quick. I use these with the included extendable tube.
a1e85c16536e134d4e2d7ac2ee52aa4e.jpg

Homelite enthusiast in training [emoji3517]

Latest posts

Back