WTB: Modified saw, small mount Husky bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbo6bar

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I bought a modified Efco 962 a few months ago, and it's too much fun. I would like to try a lighter, modified 45-54cc saw (primarily in the 10.0-10.5 lb range). I would love to get my hands on a 346XP or 026/MS260, but I won't turn down other brands. Heck, I would even buy a clean, stock 346XP if the price is nice.

Do you guys think the ~2-3 lbs weight savings is significant enough to justify the cash? The Efco weighs about 13 lbs without bar and chain. This is only for cutting and falling trees on my own properties. I am just a sucker for nice machines.

BTW, I am also in need of a small mount Husqvarna bar, 3/8", 0.050", 16" and 20". If anyone has one laying around in good shape, I'm game.

While I've never seen a 962, I wanted one. But I now own an EHP 357. Both are rated at 12.1 lb, though mfr weights are often off. I love the saw, but also rave about my Greffardized 346. The weight difference is more noticeable when working aloft.

I have a 10.6 lb Solo 651SP that has been modded by Dennis Greffard that I will sell cheaply, maybe $300 or less. Hours are low...Power wise, though, even modded, it lags the 346 XP. I also have a Greffardized Shindaiwa 488, which is nearly 1/2 lb lighter than the 026, 346, or Solo. It runs great still, but shows some piston scuffing. I have a new jug and piston for it, but it would cost $200 for them plus whatever a saw builder would charge to port them. I'd sell the saw for $100 or less. It only lags the 346 by a bit, in power.

I also have a brand new 346 that I might be willing to sell, as I'm waiting for the Dolmar 5000 to be available, so I can have Ed mod one for me. Till then, I'm hanging on to the 346.

IMO until the new Dolmar 5000 comes out, who knows when that will be, the 346 is the hands down winner in the 50cc class. At the Get Together at Jokers house back in April I ran a 346 the EHP had modded. This was the most powerful 346 that I ever had my hands on. Running 3/8 pitch chain the saw had a ton of torque!!!

rbtree, I'm going to put the 651SP in the queue. I have to pass on the 488, because I'm not confident I can rebuild a chainsaw (never taken one apart). Besides, oldsaw-a has more posts than I. He deserves it more than me.

BTW, I bought the hot rod Efco 962 for $375 (plus shipping, I think). I've been fielding offers of 026s/346XPs for $450-525. It seems these 50cc saws command a premium, eh?

Jurgen

I got a new husky bar I will sell. Its a RSN A 16 X050X60DL. This is a replaceable tip bar 16 inchs. I am also checking for the 20 inch for you too. Most of them are 058 gauge though. 25 for the bar that includes shipping.
Bob

Latest posts

Back