• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTD - Stihl 042 Carburetor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Yes, I know . . . I'm looking for an impossible-to-find carburetor for a saw that nobody in their right mind wants.....

Okay, now that we have the unpleasantries out of the way, does anybody have one of these jokers that they're willing to part with? Against my advice a guy I know wants to bring an 042 back to life and best I can tell it's only missing the carburetor. When I told him it's "difficult" to find parts for an 042 I failed to tell him the truth....

Thanks.

Last edited:
You know that thing wont have spark. Throw it in the trash.

Yeah, yeah, I hear ya.... If it were mine I would, but this is a rare 'jewel' that does have spark . . . for the moment. If it were actually my saw I would drop it like a bad habit, but it's not, and the owner would like to return it to it's former glory, so I'm going to do what I can to help.

stihl 042

Yeah, yeah, I hear ya.... If it were mine I would, but this is a rare 'jewel' that does have spark . . . for the moment. If it were actually my saw I would drop it like a bad habit, but it's not, and the owner would like to return it to it's former glory, so I'm going to do what I can to help.

i do have a bunch of nos parts but not the carb sorry airfilters ,buffers ,every nut bolt screw washer clutch drum av mounts rope rotor brake handle or hand guard keep me posted

i do have a bunch of nos parts but not the carb sorry airfilters ,buffers ,every nut bolt screw washer clutch drum av mounts rope rotor brake handle or hand guard keep me posted

Good to know. Have 4 x 048's.

I'll see if I have a carb for you. I have one NOS in the box Not for sale. There just might be a good extra used one around.

So far, no dice. One box left I might visit next week sometime at another location.

Thanks! Still no dice in locating one. Had one member contact me asking if I was still in need, but haven't received word back from my response...

Sounds like I might just have to return the saw to the owner and suggest selling it for parts. Are there any other carbs that would work on an 042?

Thanks! Still no dice in locating one. Had one member contact me asking if I was still in need, but haven't received word back from my response...

Sounds like I might just have to return the saw to the owner and suggest selling it for parts. Are there any other carbs that would work on an 042?

042 and 048 is all I know of. Start a fresh thread and find out what fits. I know they are rare to find so I jumped on the NOS Walboro when it came up. Also scored a brand new NOS Rear Handle :) with it. Then out came a complete saw with bad case and no spark. I bought it all three years ago. The parts saw did not have a carb. I already needed the new carb for another 048 missing one. That's what I made the trip for in the first place.

042 and 048 is all I know of. Start a fresh thread and find out what fits. I know they are rare to find so I jumped on the NOS Walboro when it came up. Also scored a brand new NOS Rear Handle :) with it. Then out came a complete saw with bad case and no spark. I bought it all three years ago. The parts saw did not have a carb. I already needed the new carb for another 048 missing one. That's what I made the trip for in the first place.

I have a good case for an 048 if you need one.
I just looked at my 048 parts saw and it has no carb.

Later
Dan

I have a carb for you,you stated that you were away from home untill next wed. I will pm you tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back