x rigging rings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allamerican

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Anybody use these is there rigging system? Iwant to use them. Can you use a whoopie sling to attach rings? Or do you have to use a sling thats spliced onto the ring alreaady? What Im asking is can you attach the rings onto a sling without splicing it. Thanks

Fishings good. Planning on hitting the detroit river come spring. I saw the x rings on tree stuff.com where I get my gear and wondered if I could buy rings and use them as redirects instead of blocks. Just trying to find ways to make things easier and lighter I guess. I climb everything, no bucket truck. Thanks!

The rings are designed as redirects, and with certain setups can be used as a terminal rigging point. EAS reccomends using at least 3 rings for a top rigging point, I felt comfortable with 2, see below.

Rigging Saver - YouTube

X rings used to distribute weight among rigging points

Here's another video of the x rings in action. Jay used them to spread the load over multiple rigging points to to take bigger pieces with the Bull rigger bollard. They are a lethal combination when used for big removals.....[video=youtube;7Us7xXj2XuQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Us7xXj2XuQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

Here's another video of the x rings in action. Jay used them to spread the load over multiple rigging points to to take bigger pieces with the Bull rigger bollard. They are a lethal combination when used for big removals.....[video=youtube;7Us7xXj2XuQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Us7xXj2XuQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

Why are you's climbing the tree in the video, when you have the bucket truck right there?

Why are you's climbing the tree in the video, when you have the bucket truck right there?
Tree was 75' bucket I believe was only 55' so that's why he climbed it.. this isn't me climbing its Jay from Georgia. I sold him a Bull Rigger and he made a video of him using it

How about this: Spend less time telling everyone how they can do things 'better' and more time learning how to use an apostrophe.

I was making a observation. Don't get mad because I don't like one of your useless toys.

By the way, neatness is key when making home made pieces!

You don't know what tour talking about. Two of my posts and I believe one or two of your posts were deleted by the mods. We both got pm about it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back