X27 super score!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oppermancjo

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I've seen everyone's rave reviews about the X27 so figured I would see if I could find a deal on one to see for myself. I checked the True Value hardware store in town and they have some Fiskars products but no splitting axes. I knew I would pay more there but it is just a couple miles away and I would be supporting local business. No such luck.

So, I've been known to get a bargain online every now and again so I set out to see what I could find. To make a long story short, I got a brand spankin' new X27 and an 8' extension cord delivered to my door for $38!! The site I found is based out of NJ so I'm at least keeping my money at home is the US of A. PM me if you are interested in the deal. It was only good for first time shoppers on this site. (I found a coupon code for 30% off)

Why the extension cord you ask? They were going to charge me $5 for shipping or I could spend $8 more to get free shipping. No brainer if you ask me. Besides, I can't ever find an extension cord when I need one...

Bravo. A x27 for the price of a cheap-o axe/maul. Quite possibly the best splitting tool on the market, if what I read on here is true.

Tell us all the site. If its that much cheaper than a sponser, screw them.

You did better than me. I ordered the X27 from sears for $38 but had to bump it to 50 dollars to get free shipping so I decided I'd find a use (kindling most likely) for the Fiskars 14 inch hatchet which bumped the total to about 60 shipped. I have a weakness for tools I might need. :laugh:

Ok, here goes...

The website is casa . com They carry the majority of the Fiskars line and it's located in the Garden & Patio section. For first time customers, they offer 30% off one item using the promotion code "CASA30" Then, if you spend $49 or more, the shipping is free. The X27 is priced at $43.27 so instead of paying $5 for shipping, I spent $8 for something I could use anyway and got the shipping free. The 30% off should come off the most expensive item in your cart which was the X27 in my case. After the coupon, it was only $38 for both items!

If for some reason the coupon doesn't work or you have used that website before, check out retailmenot . com I use that site a lot when I shop online as they maintain a lot of current coupon/promotion codes that the websites don't necessarily advertise. They even have coupon codes for some of the sponsored pages... I checked them first but even with their coupon codes, they didn't touch this deal. Gotta save where you can!

Good luck!

Chris

Awesome. I'm on it. Rep sent for saving other members money.

Here's My Review

My X27 showed up today as promised so I took it outside to break it in! Had a good bit of Ash still laying by the driveway that needed to be split up so I tackled that first.

Overall, the X27 performs as promised. I found that I didn't have to swing near as hard and it's not as heavy to lift in the air repeatedly. I made short work of that tree. Haven't stacked it up yet but I'm willing to bet there's half a cord laying there that took me maybe an hour working at a leisurely if not lackadaisical pace. It blew right through some of the smaller crotches but there was one big one that it just bounced off of repeatedly. I'll throw that one in the splitter pile.

I will be interested to see how it performs when I tackle some of the other wood I have in the pile. I'm sure it will do fine with the Oak and Cherry but when I take on the Elm, that may be the true test.

On the whole, I'm happy with my new tool and even happier with the deal I got on it!

My X27 showed up today as promised so I took it outside to break it in! Had a good bit of Ash still laying by the driveway that needed to be split up so I tackled that first.

Overall, the X27 performs as promised. I found that I didn't have to swing near as hard and it's not as heavy to lift in the air repeatedly. I made short work of that tree. Haven't stacked it up yet but I'm willing to bet there's half a cord laying there that took me maybe an hour working at a leisurely if not lackadaisical pace. It blew right through some of the smaller crotches but there was one big one that it just bounced off of repeatedly. I'll throw that one in the splitter pile.

I will be interested to see how it performs when I tackle some of the other wood I have in the pile. I'm sure it will do fine with the Oak and Cherry but when I take on the Elm, that may be the true test.

On the whole, I'm happy with my new tool and even happier with the deal I got on it!

Just remember the sideways balance problem it has :taped:

Back