xl 12 story

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alderman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
This is true as best as I can remember it. My father in law found an old xl-12 in the woods and gave it to me before he passed on. I ran the saw for about 5 years with no problems. One day I finished cutting with it and put it away. The next day it I couldn't turn it over, it was bound up solid. I went down to borrow my father's xl-12 but he said his had bound up the day before while he was running it. Both he and I are mechanically inept so he suggested that I take them both to the shop and perhaps enough could be scavenged to get one of them running.

A couple of days later I stopped in the shop to see how things were going. The mechanic said both saws were ready to go. When I asked him what was wrong he said a screw had backed out of I believe the gas tank and got bound up in the fan or the flywheel, I can't remember exactly. When I asked him what was wrong with the other saw he said the same thing.

What's the odds? :dizzy:

Back