xl 925

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The SXL 925 is a great saw. I've used them quite a bit and have several.

You won't be finding any parts at your local dealer but there are quite a few sources on the net for parts. I have lots of parts and I know that RBW on this site has even more if you ever need anything.

I agree with Scott. I have a few and they are great saws. Many would agree they are one of the best designs from Homelite. Finding parts is a bit tricky, but there are still sources on the net that can get the majority of what you'll need (at least for a little while longer).

Dan

retoocs555 said:
The SXL 925 is a great saw. I've used them quite a bit and have several.

I have lots of parts and I know that RBW on this site has even more if you ever need anything.

Hey, thanks fo the plug Scott!

The parts availibility issue is the only problem with these saws, thats if you ever need parts.:clap:

Im slowly assembling a parts assortment for the 925, (aside from the other 300 lbs of homie parts) but its slow going to get them at a decent price.

They are tough, reliable and very strong saws and are easily one of my favorites.

LONG LIVE TEH SXL-925 !!:rock:

I agree with the others the sxl 925 is one of the best saws Homelite ever made. I would argue that it ranks as one of the best made by anyone as a well balanced ground or tree saw, capable of pulling a 30" bar easy. If you have the chance to buy one, get it. :)

Ok Bill, would it just be easier if you told us what you don't have "Laying Around"?:D
Andy

sawinredneck said:
Ok Bill, would it just be easier if you told us what you don't have "Laying Around"?:D
Andy

When I like a saw I get a few of them.

Bill

Makes no never mind to me, I just laugh every time someone has an odd duck that needs parts "Let me go look and see what I have lying around." Still fighting off this stupid cold, my humor is odd tonight, sorry.
Andy

manual oiler?

using a manual oiler is that much of a hassle or just something you get use to?i know i'm just a young feller if i never used a manual oiler.lol i seen a 925 for sale and was thinking of getting it for a"when i need it saw."

I think most of the sxl 925 were auto oilers and had a manual pump also to add more oil to the bar. Manual oiler is very easy to use, always use quality bar oil, used oil will damage the pump and plunger. Oiler is located near the throttle trigger and you can push it with your thumb while still holding the throttle open. Like I said before if you have a chance to buy it, get one. If you wait, Bill will probably buy it and add it to his vast collection. :greenchainsaw:

Dadatwins is right. All SXL-925s have both an auto and a manual oiler. The auto oiler is mounted under the clutch. Its driven by a gear on the crankshaft.

Dan

Dadatwins said:
If you wait, Bill will probably buy it and add it to his vast collection. :greenchainsaw:

Possible but I am looking for other models at the moment.

Bill

Latest posts

Back