'Y'-Back Suspenders for Chaps?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
We have had whole threads on suspenders here on A.S.- notably this one in the 'Forestry and Logging' forum:

http://www.arboristsite.com/forestry-logging-forum/176414.htm

I wanted to try a pair of 'Y'-back suspenders for my chainsaw chaps (which is why I posted this in the 'Chainsaw' forum). Chaps have almost all of their weight in the front, so a 'Y'-back seems to make more sense than the more common 'X'-back suspenders (I wonder what people whose languages use other alphabets call 'em?). But I could only find 'Y'-back suspenders with button holes. These may be OK for pants, but I did not want to add buttons to the belt on my chaps.

After many months of intermittent searching for a pair with clips, it occurred to me that this was not rocket science, and an extra pair of 'X'-back suspenders could be surgically altered. It ain't Betsy Ross, but should work. I also made a small loop of webbing to slide over the web belt on the chaps, allowing the rear clip to self-center and bite into something meatier.

Philbert

attachment.php

I use X back w/buttons so I never have to screw with them damn clips. It's nice to be able to wear your chaps loose and still have them stay in place. Ken

I use Carhartt, they work GREAT . I clip the backs to my jeans and the fronts to my chaps. Try it . . .

I wear "X" back and the gf says I look like a grampa when I'm wearing them :msp_smile:

Latest posts

Back