Ya just get used to it.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AIM

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
The heat from the wood I mean. Back in the propane days I would hold out till you were practically runnin around with longjohns on before I would turn the dial. Now it's 40° at night and 70° during the day and I got the boiler going. Sittin here in my shop with nothin but a pair of shorts on and it's 72° in here.
Ya just get used to the easy cheap heat so ya use it.

My boiler is burning, but haven't heard the fan go on yet in the house. It may be partly from having the t-stat a little low yet. I've been enjoying the cool night sleeping weather.

First day with a long sleeve today. I may have to have a small fire just to take the chill off but I want to hold off until october.

37 degrees at 6:00 this AM. Frost on the windshield. High in the low 60's today. Yep, you bet I got the stove going.

Cooling down across the pond here, but trying to hold out until Oct, but the wife will have veto on that if it gets much cooler

Night temps are getting to the 50s here but the ol' Den is staying above 70 inside. No heat needed yet but it's coming to that.

Went out to pick some ripe maters the other morning, they felt like snowballs in my hand. :D

It's just been a little cool here, but I built a fire (indoors) last night, and one in the chimnea the night before.

View attachment 314610

I have a large pile of semi-punky stuff that I split off the last loads of Doug fir, I'd like to burn it before it gets wet. Free fuel, burn all you want.

Yesterday was the first day of cool seasonal temps, (low 70s) today predicted for hi 60s. Lit a fire last night and will do again tonight. Had to let the fire go out today as the 'chimney man' is due here to install a 6" sleeve in my 9" heatilator chimney. Way too big for a 6" stove flue.

Harry K

We had a heavy frost this morning. The kind where you have to use the ice scraper to clean your windshield. Frosty white everywhere but it didn't seem to have much of an impact on the bugs.

I refuse to have an indoor fire in September. Just can't do it. But I reserve the right to have one if I have to, or am told to.

My wife keeps it around 76 in our house all winter. I usually keep the bedroom windows open. I don't mind the warm house, but can't sleep in a hot bedroom.

Wife is from FL and I lived there the past 15+ years, so we got the woodstove going this week. It runs us out of the living room but the bedrooms are still chilly. I'll have to figure that out one of these days..

Latest posts

Back