Yale Polydyne Rigging Line?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tree md

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Anyone using this?

I just got my Wesspur catalog and saw it in there. First I have heard of it. They claim that the new core material makes it strong enough to take 25% more wood than traditional double braid. I was thinking the 9/16" would be perfect for me as a medium weight rigging line between my 1/2" and 3/4".

The 9/16" has a tinsel strength of 15K, WLL 3000# and only weighs a little less than 10 Lbs. per 100'. That would be right up my alley. Only problem is it doesn't appear Wesspur is carrying the 9/16th. Guess I'll have to shop around for it.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone has tried this line out yet. Being that it's double braid I would imagine that it handles and behaves like traditional double braid?

Would appreciate any input.

I have never tried it and I think it looks like a good rope. Just be aware that it has a ton more stretch compared to Stable Braid. Without looking (because I am lazy) I think Stable braid has just over 1% stretch while the Yale Polydyne has over 4%.... I think.

I have never tried it and I think it looks like a good rope. Just be aware that it has a ton more stretch compared to Stable Braid. Without looking (because I am lazy) I think Stable braid has just over 1% stretch while the Yale Polydyne has over 4%.... I think.

do you think that more stretch will make the rope more forgiving when shocked and help it from breaking?

This sounded good to me at first, but the extra stretch might be a deal breaker for me. I've gotten so used to my orange new england ropes 9/16 db that it might be dangerous to switch now. Everybody hates how it handles though... too many curly cues. tough stuff though.

Stretch can be a good thing, but it can be bad as well. Words of wisdom to live by. I like the idea of the stretch when blocking down the stem, but not when rigging branches over a house. The price sure is right on that rope.

Stretch can be a good thing, but it can be bad as well. Words of wisdom to live by. I like the idea of the stretch when blocking down the stem, but not when rigging branches over a house. The price sure is right on that rope.

X2

Thanks for the input. I'll have to think about it. 4% is a lot of stretch.

Back