y'all are the devil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

watsons dozer

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Long time lurker but first post. So my father in law locks up his ms361. Being the nice guy I am I steal it and rebiuld it. But I started reading on here first. So what was a locked up dead stock ms361 thanks to y'all is now a big bored muffler missed monster. And he can't run it because of the power it now has. :clap:... loops my bad. So now i have to buy him one he can run and I'm stuck with this monster. Damn my bad luck. So thanks for all the great info and knowledge and say hello to my new saw. Always wanted a stihl. Now I've got one. But rreally thanks for all the good info. Anything I should wmatch out for with this new to me firewood making monster ? Y'all really are the best so glad I found this site.

Good oil, tune and gas will keep thats saw happy for a long time.

Welcome to AS. Hope you don't plan on having just one saw, cause you will soon learn about the affliction known as CAD.

I wish I could say it was my only saw.... but I have a habit of killing them. So at this time its down to a ms361 ms170 cs2255 and a 455 rancher that needs to be fixed. But i only get about 15 cords a year cut so not much else in theceay of equipment. Mahindra 4530, 08 ford 350 4 wheel drive and a 20 foot bumper pull trailer. But im learning from y'all and I'm not liking what I learn. Seems I NEED a hydrostatic tractor. Wood processor, skid steer, and a bunch more saws

Having just killed off the husky a woods ported monster is high on the list. But lets see how the 361 does.

While I have yalls all knowing attention, what should this 361 be capable of? A 20 inch bar is as bIG as ill go. But it shouldnt have issues with that right??

I believe they come stock with a 20. I think that's the best bar for them anyhow.

Do a little search on here about the 361, and you will see how well respected they are. The Stihl lovers claim they are the cats meow.

While I have yalls all knowing attention, what should this 361 be capable of? A 20 inch bar is as bIG as ill go. But it shouldnt have issues with that right??

A good running 60cc saw should be able to pull a 24-25 inch bar no problem. So a 20 for day to day is just fine.

Run 20 and 25" stihl bars with RS chain on my stock ms361 no problems in 26" oak.

They do fine with a 25” b&c. Welcome to the insanity. I had a ms270 when I joined. Since then I buy fix sell 2 or 3 saws a month. Right now I have a ported 395xp, 268xp, ported 359, ported 346, ported ms290, jonsered 2240, and a jonsered polesaw for firewood duty, and 20 some others in the basement/garage.

;)As far as my old rancher goes after 4 good years it died. Now what to do with it?? I'm thinking big bore muffler mod and run it till she dies again. Now my father in law and the trade.......
I'm still fixing the saw as far as he knows, maybe I never finish fixing it...he did already bought him a new 455 which is all he will ever need and I'm known for being very slow to finish project's. But I guess if it ever comes up I'll probably give him my new Cs 2255 and maybe a little money. But to be honest its really saftey Im worried about. I'm sure yall understand. Besides he could never appreciate what a thing of beauty this saw is;)

Latest posts

Back