Y'all missed it

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just filled my belly with a pork chop about 1 1/4 in inch thick cooked over our open fire pit, along with fresh asparagus also roasted over the fire... some potatoes my wife doctored-up...
Lots of Bud as I'm cookin'...
Y'all have no idea what you're missing...none at all!

Y'all haf'ta live in Iowa to understand what an Iowa Chop is........

I worked in Muscatine on and off for about 2 years. We would stay the week and come home on week-ends. Thursday night was always pork chop night. We would go down to the local Hyvee, get a bunch of those thick chops and grill out back at the house. It got to the point where the butcher would have them all wrapped up and waiting for us when we would come to the store on Thursday night.
Really good stuff.

Tom

HUBRIS it is Spidy. Zero dark thirty and you're salivating the populace.

Furthermore, You are offending the local Muslims. Cease. :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

I just filled my belly with a pork chop about 1 1/4 in inch thick cooked over our open fire pit, along with fresh asparagus also roasted over the fire... some potatoes my wife doctored-up...

It's kinda like a Husker chop, only not as good!:hmm3grin2orange:

I do love me some spring fixin's. I had morels the other day. One of these days I'm going to hafta get some crappie and vidalia onions to go with the asparagus.

Sounds like some good eating!

BUT.....I know you're south of me.....but....I don't think you're far enough SOUTH to use "Y'all" Just saying.... :spam:

If'in I ate pork that might sound good, but that meat was crossed off my list of eatable meats many years ago. But oh my do I love asparagus. I'm glad y'all are enjoying it though. To each his own. :msp_smile:

You Are Joking, of Course?

If'in I ate pork that might sound good, but that meat was crossed off my list of eatable meats many years ago. But oh my do I love asparagus. I'm glad y'all are enjoying it though. To each his own. :msp_smile:
Not to be nosey, but why on earth would you cross pork off your list?

One of my favorite meat dishes of them all is a rolled pork roast cooked for about 3 hours on my BBQ smokin' grill. Add oak to the charcoal for extra flavoring. Sit back, and relax while mother nature does her thing.

Latest posts

Back