Yank wants UK tree job

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NYSawBoss

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
To all you Brits....the wife and are thinking of relocating to the UK. How easy is the process to relocate to the UK as well as finding a tree job?? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Tony

simply because my wife is an italian citizen, and it would be easier for her to go back and forth from the UK to italy...among other things. Teresa...why do you think this will be good, in that sarcastic tone.

tony

why

its wet, expensive, wet, wet and sometimes it even gets wet....

what other reasons do you need

as for a tree job, im assuming it would be easy enough. if you are good enough work should find you.

jamie

I forgot about Fla. Tony, you just got that good city job. Is it not turning out to be what you expected? Or are you just whupped... :dizzy:

Look...if I could find a good job in Florida making 45-55,000 a year doing tree work i'd be more than thrilled. The problem is finding that gig. YOu know what i'm saying??

p.s that being tree work ALL YEAR ROUND!!!
tony

NY-I'm from there, been back there a few times, don't do it. Nice place to visit, lots of good people but it is so small, like 300 miles long x 80 miles wide, with 50-60 million people.

NYSawBoss said:
Look...if I could find a good job in Florida making 45-55,000 a year doing tree work i'd be more than thrilled. The problem is finding that gig. YOu know what i'm saying??

p.s that being tree work ALL YEAR ROUND!!!
tony

Have you not seen the Key Largo post in the employment section. Oldsmar is about 5 hours from here...close enough to be close and far enough to not meddle. And we will work your arss off allllllllllllllllllll year long, no snow days only hurricane days.

well PM me with some details as far as salary, benefits, your requirements and perhaps we should speak over the phone.

tony

Great. Another defector. Pretty soon and our population will be down to that of, say ... Wisconsin's.

tony, sounds like a major move bro. i'm not sure what all is involed w/working or residential status- but i bet it involves a bunch of beaurocracy. you might just as well move to italy. you'd have to learn a new language, but that wouldnt be so bad and eveything else about the prospect seems way more appealing. the improvements in weather and food alone would be enough for me. and probly you would not have to deal w/ nearly as much paperwork/time spent becoming a resident i am assuming your wife is an italian citizen. how much time have you spent in europe?
man intercontinental relationships/marriages are tough...

personally i say go for it, as for work if you are good enough and dont mind hard graft as it always is when starting afresh you should be just fine, living costs are higher than in the us, but just becasue you move here does not mean you have to stay forever, i have lived worked in lots on countries, and its great its all about choosing life personly i do not want to get to 60 and think what if? my brother for example is only 2 years older than me but did the uni then work thang then family never travelled apart from the usual 2 week holidays abroad, he has already had his mid life crisis at the grand age of 33, he earns a very good wage works in london, i work in a rural place earn enough have a nice lifestyle but will never make me rich, my brother thinks i have a better lifestyle i agree.........if its what you want todo go for it you only live once, and you can always go back if it does not work whatever happens it can only be a postive experience in my opinion.

ny ,wasnt being sarcasstic, just why move to this over populated,dirty ,small ,expensive island ,fuel is nearly 5 pounds a gallon ,wages for climbers are pretty dismal ,house prices extortionate ,that includes rented property ,we are over regulated,in this industry in my opinion ,if i was in your shoes its not a move i would even consider,there are some pluses to living here but i cant think of any at the moment ,,,,,,,may take a while ,,,,,,,

i gotta agree with teressa green ....i think moving here would be a move you would regret,i have an employee who's father is from the state's and he the father think's this country is the pit's ,i have to agree to a degree,my brother just came back from a 2 week vaction in NYC he said it was way better overthere,even with 2 'of snow.though on aplus side we Brits can work and travell all over the EUROPEAN UNION

clearence the UK is a little bit bigger than you wrote it's roughly from lands end to john 'o' groats 840 mile's long and about 140 mile's wide ,still small but not as small as you said

Back