yard max splitters

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madjp

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Any body here use one? Can't find anything searching here. Pros, cons any input appreciated.

Where are DHT splitters made?

Ours are built in Colorado with USA and over seas components. Most importantly they are assembled here. We will link a video soon and you can see the manufacturing process. Thanks!

I just ordered a 25ton Yardmax through Home Depot. Assembly was real easy did it by myself in 2 hrs (standing the beam up would be safer with 2 people though). Hardware is packaged step by step. Ran it 7hrs yesterday handled 30" white oak and red oak rounds no problem, busted through knots too. Ran the engine at 1/2-3/4 throttle, power and speed were just right for me. Light enough to be maneuvered by hand. Haven't had it long enough to find many negatives but it rattles a bit at full throttle.

I got the 25t full beam Jwilliams and yessir I tried the 4 way on some smaller pieces 12-16" white+red oak worked real good. I didn't try the 4 way on any big rounds yet.
Just changed the engine oil today then gave it a good lookin over, checked the welds and stressed areas, hoses, connections...everything looks good so far.

I'm hoping to finish up all the rounds I have cut up so it should see about 10hrs use this weekend.

Gave it another rip today for almost 5 hrs. That makes about 17 hrs on it altogether. No leaks or problems so far so good. It 77 degrees out today was working the piss out of it and I felt the hydraulics getting hot. Can anyone tell me a max safe temp for hydraulic log splitters?

Was a nice day,,took a quick picture while I was running it.

Finding 100% American made anything is hard these days. Nothing wrong with imported parts if the quality is good. I try to buy American made when possible.
More importantly, costumer service and them standing behind what they sell is what I look for. Almost everything has some imported parts these days. Just remember, when you buy American, your supporting Americans.

It's been years since I have even considered using a warranty on anything. Maybe 15 yrs ago I bought a couple of new Scotts riding lawn mowers from Home Depot and after 100 hours they both fell apart, I took them back and they honoured their return policy and give me every cent back that I paid for them. I also don't buy much brand new stuff either though. Between my son and I we can pretty much fix anything so I never get excited about warranty. When stuff breaks on me I just fix it and move on, don't need to lose any sleep over it.

I ended up going with the dht 30 ton. Although I do like the fact yardmax comes with the 4way , Dan at dht was fantastic so far to deal with so I ended up going that route. So far customer service was awesome and sometimes that means more then anything

Back