Yatzeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ponyexpress976

nipple fritters
Reaction score
Man I get the giggles when I score some free wood. This pile is just the branches. Main trunk is about 4 feet across and almost totally solid. I haven't touched that yet. Spent a good chunk of yesterday in 20 degree weather and flurries cutting and hauling this home. The girlfriend even asked when I'm going to show her how to use the saw! I should go play the lottery. Whole pile is about 4 feet high, 12 feet long, and 8 feet wide. Homeowner was told this was a black locust, do you guys agree? Very heavy stuff so it should burn great in two years when I get to it in the stack rotation.

if it's not BL what could it be? Very heavy stuff, didn't stink(frozen), kinda rough on the chains I had with me, big pieces split to liftable siaze with the fiskars pretty easy (again...frozen).

My FAD kicked in while running some errands the other day. About a minute before I went past this particular house, I got a wierd tingly feeling. About 30 seconds away I swore I could smell bar oil. As I came around the corner I could hardly stand to be in my own skin and then there was all this wood on the ground. I had to stop and ask or run the risk of suffering an anxiety attack (cold sweat, dry mouth, felt like I was gonna pee). Don't laugh...I know for a fact that a multitude of current members have suffered these exact same symptoms. There is no reason to feel shame any longer!!!!!!!!! Embrace the FAD!!!!

the pic is a little small. but that looks like oak to me,how does it smell?,, i just picked up a load that is dark in teh center like taht, yesterday... any leaves around to id it???

Not locust. Bark has too many ridges for white oak, may be chestnut oak.

Latest posts

Back