Yellow Jacket

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Froggy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I've used my new Yellow Jacket for close to six moths now and it seems as though is is wearing quick. I'm in the market as we speek to order a new line. Before the Yellow Jacket it was the Fly and it lasted a good while. Anyone else had this problem?
:confused:

If a guy is climbing 4-5 days a week say 1000' a whack, any line will look worn, I've retired climbing lines at around six months before.

I don't climb much and have been using my YJ for a year and a half or so. My impression is that it DOES wear faster than Safety Blue and others.

I really like the YJ and think that it wears pretty well, some fuzzyness but nothing that looks bad. I'm buying another 150' this week, my current line has jumped right in front of the saw several times recently.
Greg

I guess I've just got all the use out of it I can, or at least as a life line. Brian, I've seen that picture at Expressions. Cool!!

Is there any change in friction hitch grab on larger diameter line spreading ratio of friction/prusik cord to host lifeline?

Tenex is cheap, useful for other things (whoopies, eye to eye slings etc.), 3/8 is 5500#, flattens to line when used as cord, different grab charachteristics, might dissipate heat better. Especially liking wth self tending Icicle hitch i think; but then an Icicle in a loopie grabbing a host line isn't toooooooo bad for utility... IMLHO. New Tenex hitch on new lifeline host to ride wasn't quite as smooth as other 'mixtures'

:alien:

I really don't know, there is so much going for the Samson Arbormaster line, why is everyone looking for a small piece of what it has in other ropes?

It needs no break in, (well it is different after a few climbs and didn't have the friction hitch slip like new HiVee.)

It is 8,500 tensil, gee even with a few nicks and lot of fuzz I'm secure.

It can be spliced at both ends! Dah, that is telling you a lot about the superior construction.

Relitive to it's size it is light.

OK, you want a double line to foot lock with up to your TIP and then set your work line, then one of the other lighter lines is what to have xtra in your arsenal.

There is nothing out there that does so much.

Jack

dido on arbor master line, I've used many varieties of line out of 16 strd rope A.M. is top no milk'n and easy to hold on to I use it exclusivly for big pruns

I just bought my second Pro-Spec this week. I preffer that over the Pro-Stripe that I bought a month ago. The ropes with dyed fibers seem to wear a little more and fuzz up.

Kenn:Monkey:

Jack buddy what are you saying? I guess seeing will be believing. I guess that if want low and slow then sure arbormaster is OK. But if you want to climb high and fast then Yale is the ticket. Samson is close behind but I am sold on Yale. I never felt more professional, smoother, and faster then I did with my new Yale. Sure I was sceptical at first and went easy at first. I had been a huge NE fan for a long time. I am not easily impressed but wow! I am love with this new rope.

My favorite part about blue streak is how well it wears. I have used the yellow jacket and do not care for it...milking forever and wearing poorly.

Back