Yellow scorpion

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ropensaddle

Feel Lucky
Reaction score
Anyone else have one in a tree with them? I was taking down a pine the other day and had it down to a spar. I was going to block it down cut about four blocks and my eye caught movement and I though at first silverfish, spider etc.I don't know about anyone else but I see so many spiders I don't even worry about them no more but this little guy intrigued me the way he moved seemed funny so I looked closer. The little bugger was a baby scorpion very small and I decided to try to kill him he leaped to the brush! I usually work gloveless and always climb that way but I decided to stop work as me or my help had none this day. I told the customer and she said they are all over her place in the house and everywhere! I told her she really needs to be careful and they were dangerous. We went to the dump and came back with leathers and I decided to fell the remaining spar and repair the landscape as; I can't afford to be off work because of a bug bite.
I have seen many in my life but this was the first at fifty feet
and I may rethink my glove habit in that area! Thing is;
baby scorpions I remember seeing were many, so no telling
where the rest were:jawdrop:

Last edited:
The literature says the yellow scorpion will climb trees, it also says that the bites may cause dizziness, headaches, vomiting. It says people have claimed they have caused death, but it hasnt been confirmed. Wht is your experience with the damage these scorpions can do?

The literature says the yellow scorpion will climb trees, it also says that the bites may cause dizziness, headaches, vomiting. It says people have claimed they have caused death, but it hasnt been confirmed. Wht is your experience with the damage these scorpions can do?

My step mother was bit by the Texas variety and was sick
for a week and dern near died! I am not certain these are
the same but I don't want to get stung I will tell ya that!
I have heard it is like being on fire at the sting area and
lasts quite some time and then swelling begins. Again I
do not want first hand knowledge but from what I have
read the smaller the pincher the more poisonous the scorpion!
Those little fellers are supposed to be worse than the big emporer
scorpion!

Suffered scorpion sting last month! Hurt like .....!!!

Last month I had finished cutting/splitting a cord of Eucalyptus and Mesquite for my parents at their home here in Tucson. I had just removed my gloves and put my saw and maul away and was shooting the bull with my Dad, when I noticed a leftover chunk of wood that i had missed in my stacking. I reached down and picked up the chunk when I had felt a searing sharp pain on the fleshy part between my forefinger and my thumb (left hand) Holy Cow!!!!!!! I yelped like a raped ape and my dad instantly knew that I had been bit by something vicious. I shook my hand in an effort to get rid of it and saw it fly off into the neighbors yard. Squeezed the crap out of the area and applied ice to it, surprisingly did not get ill, but I had radiating pain around my hand. 2 days later I had an itch that drove me mad at the site of the bite. My Dad remarked that my Grandfather (his dad) had been stung various times by scorpions-immune to them, but has had a severe allergic reaction to red ants...avoids them like the plague. FYI- the smaller the scorpion, the more poison they inject, due to lack of knowledge in amount of poison needed to deter predator, that they believe is trying to eat them.

Back