Yes It's Spring!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sawyer Rob

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
And it's dry enough now that I can get back into the woods!

As most of you know, we were hit by a tornado last fall and I bought a Wallenstein skidding winch to help get tree's/logs out. It's been a GREAT purchase and works out VERY well to make my "mess" of a job a lot easier!

So, I get the tractor set up to get my best pulls and my helper starts limbing the down tree's, soon it's time for me to get started pulling those stems out,

standard.jpg

and keep pulling them out to along side my wagon, until I have a decent pile there,

standard.jpg

Soon it's time for me to grapple the stems (with any butt logs sawn off) and lift them over the wagon, while my helper cuts the remainder of the stems into firewood lengths,

standard.jpg

Once the wagon if full, I back the tractor up and hook the wagon to the hitch on the winch,

standard.jpg

and pull the load closer to my house, where I can drive along side it with my new Timber Wolf TW3HD,

standard.jpg

This splitter is an absolute BEAST! It's fast and has the power to push everything right through the 4-way wedge, stringy oak crotches or anything else! Anyway, I got started splitting the wagon load,

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

And soon, I had my wagon load all split, and the wagon ready to go out for another load!

standard.jpg

One of these days, i'll mill the butt logs I have pileing up, into some boxes to hold the firewood! Then when the splits are dry, they will be easy to move to the house with the tractor... :)

SR

We been using pallets with wire stapled on.

Having them all wire would be great, EXCEPT I want to be able to stack them... I am considering a wood frame and then wire inside it though, I just haven't decided yet.

Also, having a bigger tractor that will pick up quite a bit, if I want, i can make them a bit bigger...

SR

Back