Yet another score

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loadthestove

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
stopped in a local pawn shop toadt to browse around and see if any deals were to be had..Jackpot.found a brand-new haldex 16 gpm two stage pump.best part was shop owner really didnt know what pump was for or even what it was worth,,purchased that baby for $20..
Makes me one step closer to having every thing I need for new splitter.

Wanna sell it for $40 and double your money right away??? I didn't figure you'd bite on it, but worth a shot, huh? I've been lurking through a few pawn shops lately myself and haven't found much of anything, definately not that good a deal!

I went into one a couple weeks ago and spotted a saw on the other side of the store. Ran right to it pretty excited about the possibility of a deal, turns out it's a MS440, not a complete piece of plastic on it,choke switch missing, missing the air filter cover, had a crooked bar, and chain wore down to about nothing, and the crooks wanted $650 for it!! No thanks, I'm not sure I'll ever step foot in there again!

Anyway, congrats on the great deal on the splitter, keep us updated on your progress!:clap:

There is two pawn shops close by that generally have some pretty good items.I know both of the owners personally and they are customers of mine so the deal cutting goes both ways.
I Have been in a few like you mentioned that were basically junk stores .

That's what I thought, I'm sure they didn't give too much for it! I woulda considered it as a fixer-upper for the right price, but that was a bit ridiculous!

You would have to understand how some people are around here.They Will go and buy something new on a store credit card ( TSC,Jcpenny,lowes ,homedepot,ETC)and take it to pawn shop and sell it for cash..

Back