You burning yet?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably the most aggravating time to burn wood around here. temps in the teens at night, 40's to 50's during the day. I load the stove at night and throw on a couple of sticks a few times a day, just to keep a few coals for the rump roaster later in the evening. Put to much wood on during the day and you endup opening the windows because the house is to hot.

Days may be getting longer but seen a BBC doco on weather a while ago they said the norther hemisphers coldest average temperature is on the 18th of January. This is due to the fact that the amount of extra energy getting into the system is very minor after the solstice and thus a lag effect. The rate of change is most significant around the equinox.
Gypo logger you live in a wood burners paridise! Down here in the southern hemispher we are having 30 - 40c temps everyday. The last thing on my mind is lighting the fire or even cutting wood LOL.

-5* here. High of 2* this afternoon.

40* I don't bother with the stove. If I did I'd be burning year round!

So what do people do in Alaska for a living? I assume you have fishing, tourism mining and oil, is there any agriculture and forestry?

Yes, though not all that bug. SE AK is basically BC so lots of logging there.

Back