You can pay for a crane or pay for a section of fence...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IHateTrees

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Told the homeowner I could bid it with a crane rental or bid it with them replacing a section of fence. Managed to miss the fence with this super gross guy. Only thing holding up most of the limbs was the vine.
Z1xFgTT.jpg

No, never! That's why I never keep a top handle next to the chipper on nearly every job!

I'm was hoping you guys got my sarcazum on that one. There's always one next to my chipper.

Money to burn is cool if you have it. Using a $600+ saw to do the job a $300 saw can do seems silly. Especially when the $300 saw has more power. It's definitely preferences but my ears burn when I hear a trim saw on the ground.

Why i posted a little frustrated because Friday I pulled up on the job and there's 2- 201's running wide open on the ground (dull chains and no its not my job site). But why when the job site has 4 ground saws. My guess is girly arms thinks the others are to heavy

I keep a pretty much burned out 201 and 200 for jobs like this where you do a lot of wading through stuff. In this case digging through the vines to find the log so we could cut it with a ground saw. In short, top handle saw used on the ground when the owner or foreman says so.

I cant imagine not having a top handle on the ground. I buy them used when the come through the shops. I get 192's for about $100. They know my climbing saws are hands off. For processing small stuff on the ground, you cant beat them.

Latest posts

Back