You DO need pants for the victory dance!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisF

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Upgraded my PPE this week.

After a year and a half in the low-end Jonsered protective boots and pants, (and after a mishap where my muffler melted the inside of my helmet, haha) it was time to get some new stuff.

Got a new husky helmet with the new ultravision visor (which really rocks,) Stihl X-fit kevlar pants and some nice Stihl Ranger GTX goretex boots. The pants and boots were expensive as hell, especially on my budget, but man oh man are they nice.

The kevlar pants are snug-fitting, and unlike the other kind they actually breathe. They're lighter, more comfortable and worth everything I paid for them. Same with the boots, they'll let me avoid getting the nasty sores the old ones gave me, they were nice, warm and most of all they kept my feet DRY when hauling wood in the mud and rain today.

I'd post pics but in the only pic of me wearing it I'm grabbing my crotch and posing like a retard for a colleague of mine. Will get some tomorrow tho.

Just wanted to share this, too many people think PPE need to be uncomfortable and restrictive, and this needn't be the case.

Latest posts

Back