You guys want the bad news first?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang J, that kink don't look good! Don't know what I could do, but you got muh number if ya need anything!

Thanks man. I appreciate it.

I think we got the basics covered. My two boys will be with my folks, and my daughter is staying with some close family friends. I already called work and got the ball rolling on the short term disability. It's only 60% of my base pay, but it's alot better than nothin. Besides I like ramen noodles. :laugh:

I just worry bout muh wife. She's a nervous wreck. To be honest, I'm pretty nervous myself.

Y'all just keep me and my family in ur thoughts and prayers. :)

iam going to send you some 30cc saws from now on..........:msp_razz:

get better brah.

Man J, that's some brutal pressure that disc is putting on your spinal cord. I hope you get through it fast, but make sure you
do everything the docs tell you to do. Too many times I've seen people have the surgery and then start feeling good so
they go out and start heaving lifting and injure themselves all over again. Doing it right while you're young and strong is sure
a lot better than dealing with this again 25-30 years from now.

Great advice. I've had two back surgeries. The second one was because I got in a hurry to heal up from the first one and went back on the saw before I should have. Take it easy and do what they tell you. And hurry back.

Wishing you the best!! Give the Doc one of your favorite saws to operate with. Seriously, though....Hope all goes well and you are back on your feet soon. I have bad back issues, too. Degenerative disc disease. No fun when it hurts.

That ain't no joke Jeremy!! :jawdrop:

Take care of yourself so you can heal up and continue to do saw stuff in the future. If'n you booger yourself up too bad, you might have to get into wheelchair racing. :(

Wow man...least you and the docs caught it in time, wishing you a speedy and full recovery.

Hang in there and get better soon. This nonsense will still be here when you can get back to a computer. You know the themes, "my saw us better than your saw" and "what's the best 2 cycle oil to use" ?

Steve

Wish you well Wiggs.In 1983 i crushed one of mine down to 50% the went in took bone out of my hip and built it up i have had 2 metal rod's in my back ever since they did mine in july i deer hunted in November you do just what they say and don't do anything wild you will be fine.

. :(

4fc95735.jpg

You see the white area running vertically along the outside of the spinal cord ? That is where all of the blood , and nutrients flow through the spinal cord .
Mine got pinched off so bad in my neck , that a big area turned black . = dead spinal cord in that spot . Fortunately , I was refered to one of the best spine surgeons in the Northern Hemisphere . His name is Dr. Jeffrey Spivak @ NYU Hospital for joint disease , in Manhattan .
He removed c-3,4 and c-4,5 disks , and fused c-3,4,5 with bone graft (cadaver) and titanium plate with 6 lag screws .
I went home the very next day ! That was 5 yrs ago. Now my MRI looks much better than it did then , with minimal damage at most :clap:
Please go to a good spine surgeon , don't let any Tom , #### or Harry operate on your spine .
Best wishes to you and a speedy recovery .

Back