You guys want the bad news first?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hate to hear that wiggs, take care of that back! Dont worry bout those parts i sent ya, i dont need them anytime soon. Keep us updated.

Pffft....looks like a pic of a collapsed impulse hose. Get Baileys to next day the parts and get it fixed.

For real, get well soon!!!!

prayers sent

Thanks man. I appreciate it.

I think we got the basics covered. My two boys will be with my folks, and my daughter is staying with some close family friends. I already called work and got the ball rolling on the short term disability. It's only 60% of my base pay, but it's alot better than nothin. Besides I like ramen noodles. :laugh:

I just worry bout muh wife. She's a nervous wreck. To be honest, I'm pretty nervous myself.

Y'all just keep me and my family in ur thoughts and prayers. :)
I don't know about backs but had surgery on my knee. What I am getting at is please be open and try to answer all the kids questions. If you are like me and I dare say most of the alpha males on AS are. I bet your kids and maybe wife also have never seen you helpless in bed. My boys were small and tried to climb into the hospital bed with me ,very traumatic for them. While you can, talk to them try to prep them . Give them something to help mom, keep them occupied. I tried to make them feel like I could not do without their help. It kinda took a little pressure off the situation. may help mom too. Just a suggestion from an old man .My family and I will be praying for you and the family. Please tell me I don't sound like I am trying to tell you how to raise kids, just trying to show a different way to handle a small part o your problem.:msp_unsure:

Wow Jeremy! I'm really sorry to hear this. I know what it's like to go under the knife, but not on my spine. I can only imagine everything you're trying to deal with, both physically and emotionally. Family, friends, and faith will carry you through the tough times like this. You're one tough dude to still be functioning with an injury like that! You'll be in our prayers.

Been their,had that.However,if your birth date is correct you should be doing all the things you like.As long as know scar tissue has formed.The horse tail is what the bulge is pressing onto.Just get it completed before Obama's health care package kicks in.I suspect you will use your own bone (from the pelvis) as it is a perfect match. I would avoid using others bone as sometimes your body may reject it.How do I know?I have done my research. I have the scars (3) that allow the surgeon access to get my bone graft.Buy August, you will be as good as it gets.Any liver issues?Hepatitis,blood
clotting,glaucoma,diabetic,issues?Ken

That's what they said.

Would u believe I was drop startin a 190psi 66 yesterday!

In reality, I shouldn't be walkin. :dunno:

That is right where the nerves go out into your arms. I can't believe you could feel a thing, much less have any use of your hands.

I have a huge spur on the front at that same level and I have to be careful or both hands go to sleep. I should get an MRI but so far I've been able to keep functioning.

I'll ditto what others said about finding the best surgeon possible and I would think you would definitely want a neurosurgeon rather than an orthopedist.

I'll ditto what others said about finding the best surgeon possible and I would think you would definitely want a neurosurgeon rather than an orthopedist.

A big 10-4 on that my cheddar chomping chum.

The guy I'm going to is a neurosurgeon who specializes in neck injuries. A real good friend of mine had 3 vertebrae fused by him a couple years ago and said he wouldn't go anywhere else.

This is the guy. LINK

Wow - a blown out disk is one of my biggest fears working around the place the way I do. That's gotta be causing you pain. They really have gotten pretty good at fixing them though, so best to have it taken care of ASAP. Best of luck and you'll be feeling much better soon!

Take it easy ole son and you will certainly be in my family's prayers for a perfect surgery and a speedy recovery.

Been their,had that.However,if your birth date is correct you should be doing all the things you like.As long as know scar tissue has formed.The horse tail is what the bulge is pressing onto.Just get it completed before Obama's health care package kicks in.I suspect you will use your own bone (from the pelvis) as it is a perfect match. I would avoid using others bone as sometimes your body may reject it.How do I know?I have done my research. I have the scars (3) that allow the surgeon access to get my bone graft.Buy August, you will be as good as it gets.Any liver issues?Hepatitis,blood
clotting,glaucoma,diabetic,issues?Ken

Not neccessarily true Kenskip, your surgury was many years ago . It is much easier on your body, and healing time is much quicker if you use bone grafts from a bone bank .
That is right where the nerves go out into your arms. I can't believe you could feel a thing, much less have any use of your hands.

I have a huge spur on the front at that same level and I have to be careful or both hands go to sleep. I should get an MRI but so far I've been able to keep functioning.

Wendell , Some of the best spine surgeons in the world are orthopedic surgeons .
You should get an MRI soon , because those nerves radiating from cervical spine also control critical things like BREATHING and SWALLOWING !!!

Hope all goes well, he will probably go with a microdiscectomy and you should be out the same day...take it easy and don't be in a hurry to get on with things or lag screws and bolts will be in your future, don't ask how I know this.

No matter what, remember this.......'Never quit, never give up'. By that I mean to keep the positive mind set throughout the ordeal. Some days will be good, some not as good. But one day in the not too distant future you will be up and moving and filling alot better. Maybe you should mark your calender with Terry's GTG, that is about 7 weeks out? If healthy enough you could at least come down and enjoy the company and show off your scars:msp_biggrin: Will remember you and the family in prayer.

Shea

That mri is scary lookin. Wow I bet you were in pain. Good luck with the surgery and get back soon. I have a buddy that has a similar injury and is still tryin to live with it. I wouldn't wish that constant pain on anyone. If I was in your shoes I would definately give surgery a try too.

Latest posts

Back