You know you're an arborist when---

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunrise Guy

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
you're out on a date, you reach into the pocket of your jeans at the cashier to pay your restaurant bill, and you pull out a mess of twigs and leaves with your wallet!

you're driving around town just trying to relax on your day off and you can't help but look at each and every tree you pass and wonder if you should stop at the business or home of the tree's owner and drop off a business card to try and get their business.

you get almost dizzy with excitement when a new supply catalog arrives in the mail.

you can have an hour long discussion with a professional blade sharpener about the various methods and gadgets available to sharpen chains.

(OK, feel free to add to this, guys and gals!) :givebeer:

Instead of chaining yourself to a tree to protest clear cutting, your talking to the foreman telling him the best way to trim all the trees and what ones would be okay to take out.

Driving down the street w/your wife, she hears you whistle and doesn't look for the blonde because she knows your looking at a nice tree.

beowulf343 said:
You can spend an hour talking about tight crotches without it
becoming sexual.
LMAO with my lady. Let's not forget about butt hitching, as well. When I tell her my daily tales, if I've done some butt hitching she starts giving me that look! :)

Or how about butt itching cause you just took duece in the chips and dont have toilet tissue. Or how you burried your soiled underbritches under someone's rhodendrom because you couldn't burn out of the tree fast enough or just didnt want to come down. Or your cutting off the pockets of your co workers sweatshirts and the sleaves off their t-shirts to wipe your arse.

"you're out on a date, you reach into the pocket of your jeans at the cashier to pay your restaurant bill, and you pull out a mess of twigs and leaves with your wallet!"

Or in my experience this morning...the dryer lint trap is full of twigs, chips and evergreen chaff!

A dogwood dies in your backyard and you videotape your kids first takedown (with their bare hands no less).

Infront of your toilet, shower, and back of couch contains enough mulch to cover a vege patch.

You wear chainsaw pants so much you sometimes put them on when your not working.

You had the best luck with women that like the smell of pine and 2 stroke oil.

you can flick a beercan further with a rake than you can throw one

You use a blower to clean out your car/garage/some parts of your house (if you partners not about)

You keep an eye out for the perfect shovel

youve used a chainsaw to constuct things around the home

Youve dismantled saws in your living room

You trust trees more than you trust buildings

your fiance can name the models of saws you own

Last edited:
watch the dog chew sticks and wonder if I had 12 dogs could they shred more tree than our chipper?
Plan vacations around where the cool trees are.
Feel comfortable and excited about sharing your "wood" stories with strangers on the internet.

The inside of your arms are all scratched up.

Your knees hurt constantly.

You constantly rub saw dust from your eyes.

You call other treeguys hack.

You go into any business and ask do yall have chainsaws

You walk in the house after a tree job and instead of hello dear, your wife says: Ok, your home now...no more talking about trees,RIGHT!!!

You have a tree in your own backyard that you know needs to be worked on, your wife knows it has to be worked on, your kids know it has to be worked on, the neighbors know it has to be worked on, yet you are never home to work on it, cause you are out working on everyone else's trees. :)

When you have three lines set in the backyard... one for the kids and two for you...

When you wear peltor muffs to loud concerts, and then switch to plugs when you want to slow dance...

your dining room table has about $700 worth of climbing gear on it... (you know you're a bachelor then too)

When your best friend says that you're new girlfriend is trying to "get her hooks into you"... you explain it away by telling her it's a tree climbing term... and then make jokes about it the next time the three of you are together... HA HA john......

When most of your holiday photos are of trees and you didn't realize until your family were laughing at your different descriptions of each one and why it was special!

Back