You know you're an arborist when---

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dadatwins said:
You have a tree in your own backyard that you know needs to be worked on, your wife knows it has to be worked on, your kids know it has to be worked on, the neighbors know it has to be worked on, yet you are never home to work on it, cause you are out working on everyone else's trees. :)

That is so true!

When you can't walk into your garage without tripping over dead saws...that are still good for parts

When your car sits outside in the rain, but you rush out and bring all your saws into the basement out of the pickup.

When you hope for warmer weather, just so the chain oil flows into the saws better.

When you spend all your "free" time reading posts on arboristsite, or looking through treetrader.com for equipment

When you drool over chippers

When you can't remember your next door neighbors name, but can remember every tree in his yard you trimmed

(If you work powerlines) You drive to town and show your kids every tree that's burning, and plan your trip to drive another route, so you can check out more lines that are on your map.

You spend mega dollars on satellite tv...just to watch the local weather channel.

Oh yeah...and every tree in your own yard needs trimming, your woods are full of deadwood, and your wife is threatening to hire a competitor to get it done.

You refer to the sherrill catalog more than any priest has every looked over a bible, and know it better

You give directions by trees and saw shops

when looking at buying a house you look for how easy it is to back into, how big the garage is, if it has a fireplace and how much space you have for keeping wood or mulch.

You walk away from more bids because they want the trees butchered.

Your wedding photographer has you pointing at a name plaque (it was a Gymnocladus Dioicus)

Your spouse tells you to "go back outside and those close off where they wont get sawdust all over my clean floor!"

you know you're an arborist when you get in your truck and cant see the floorboards under all the sawdust and old gatorade bottles.

when you're covered in pine pitch and dont seem to notice till your wife/partner says WTF is THAT??

lol lawn masters

lol john paul

You the Ultimate Fightin Championship and think, Ha I could carry these puss boys on my sohulder as i slapped there daddy with a limb.

Last edited:
You know your an arborist when:

You own more saws than you wife owns shoes
You spend more time in the trees than on the ground
When you drop friends trees for free just to take the wood!
Your saw is worth more than your truck
You spend more money on chains than on food

I have a whole lot more!!!

BigJohn said:
Or how about butt itching cause you just took duece in the chips and dont have toilet tissue. Or how you burried your soiled underbritches under someone's rhodendrom because you couldn't burn out of the tree fast enough or just didnt want to come down. Or your cutting off the pockets of your co workers sweatshirts and the sleaves off their t-shirts to wipe your arse.

HAHAHA funny post BigJohn,i've been there and done all the above LOL

You know your an arborist when...

the groom's cake at your wedding is a giant chocolate tree stump.

You know you're an arborist when...

you understand that common sense isn't so common.

you know your an arborist when:

you can climb on a big piece of wood all day and not be gay
LOL!!!!:clap:
my brother made this up on a job today!

Yeah,

Well other than the sore knuckles and shoulders, you know you are an arborist when the Honey Bucket driver sucks the citie's biggest presto log out of your septic tank after your few years of taking showers.

:cheers:

The highlight of your workweek is a Friday afternoon visit to Vermeer so the boss could buy some new "toys". Nice guy-he bought me a pair of sunglasses and two pair of gloves as well.

Or you gave your truck a thorough spring cleaning/detailing, and one week later the interior looks as bad as it ever did. Oh well giver another shot today.....

Last edited:
You point out hawks and birds of prey sitting in the tops of trees noone ever sees.

you know your an arborist when :

You go out to eat wearing the nasty clothes covered in pine pitch and stick to the bar stools!!!

The pile of wood in your yard is bigger than your neighbors house! ( thats true for me)

Latest posts

Back