Your Kuuma Installs.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conkl

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I am thinking of replacing my 30 year old Clayton that has served me well. I would like to see some pics of your Kuuma furnaces and your various plenum, cold air returns and chimney hook ups. Also pics if you have the hot water coil hook ups. What if any obstacles did you have to overcome during your installation?
I am thinking that I will have to redesign the cold air return on the Vapor Fire 100 to have the air intake on the side of the blower and not the rear. My present furnace is set up with the rear of the blower housing up against the basement wall, and I don't have enough room to move the furnace out from the wall and maintain the
required front clearances.
Thanks
Kevin

When you order the Kuuma let them know about the cold air return, I bet they will change that for you. You can also choose what side the coil exits, door opening, and ash drawer. They are built to order, not an assembly line of robots. You can customize with no extra cost. search this site for Kuuma, me and several others have pics up. If you have any install questions, or questions in general, feel free to ask me. I have one and am also an hvac tech too.

Thanks, I have seen some installations here and other sites but not many show the returns or water hookups. Did not know they would make mods, that is good to know.

When you order the Kuuma let them know about the cold air return, I bet they will change that for you. You can also choose what side the coil exits, door opening, and ash drawer. They are built to order, not an assembly line of robots. You can customize with no extra cost. search this site for Kuuma, me and several others have pics up. If you have any install questions, or questions in general, feel free to ask me. I have one and am also an hvac tech too.

I have one quick question, what kind of temperatures does the VF100 put out at the plenum? I have never owned a gasifier and my Clayton never gets over 125 -135 degrees measured about a foot above the stove.

I have one quick question, what kind of temperatures does the VF100 put out at the plenum? I have never owned a gasifier and my Clayton never gets over 125 -135 degrees measured about a foot above the stove.

Not that high. 112-118*. These EPA units don't burn as hot, but burn for a longer time with good heat. So instead of 5 hrs 0f 130* it burns 10 hrs or more of 115* With the same amount of wood,

Back