Your "Special" saw...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fun to run but don't need a big saw. 50 & under just fine. Right now it is the 115i. It just feels so comfortable to me. Sole cutter for 15 years. Snatching a 5105 this weekend cause I want the 115 to last forever.
STUPID OIL LEAK.

"Hey Cliff, Ill take that 268 off of your hands when you are ready to get rid of it."

Are you sure? EVERYTHING is for sale around here but my Min Pins, even the wife. She's the best deal in the lot.......within a week you'd pay me MORE to take here back!.....LOL....Cliff
attachment.php

My ms361 is “special” like special Olympics kind of special. I did not name her “Miss Daisy” for nothing.

for "how it feels in my hands" my 5100. I do like my 036 also though. I can use those 2 all day and not get tired or feel any vibrations.

for sentiment, my old 08s. no matter how I pare down the collection, that one always seems to avoid the purge ;)

I call my 5100S my 80% saw...it cuts most of my wood without complaint.

I like the light weight for cutting in the tangled mess of limbs I usually get. Its got enough power to keep going into bigger limbs and trunks...I usually don't set it down until I start burying the bar at around 16" dia.

I replaced the stock laminated bar with a Windsor solid bar of the same odd 64-link length. It seems perfectly balanced at this length.

Sorry for bringing back a old tread but I now have one that fits the bill...

The 046 I just rebuilt!!!

DSC04507.jpg

Thanks for letting me play!!!

Nice Job southbound!
She looks ready for another decade of serious wood cuttin'!

BTW did the Missus let you do the rebuild right there on that little table? :clap:

How many parts did you clean in the kitchen sink?

Did ya put parts in the dishwasher on the cup rack?

How stained is the carpet?

She file for divorce yet? :)

Thanks for the post and the Pic...
Saw Safe Brother

Nice Job southbound!
She looks ready for another decade of serious wood cuttin'!

BTW did the Missus let you do the rebuild right there on that little table? :clap:

Yes....

How many parts did you clean in the kitchen sink?

None..

Did ya put parts in the dishwasher on the cup rack?

Yes..

How stained is the carpet?

It's not..

She file for divorce yet? :)

Nope,Just made some room for the 031 I'm now working on....:dizzy:

Thanks for the post and the Pic...

Saw Safe Brother

Thanks for letting me play!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Frankienstien Echo 500VL... I don't know what it is about that saw. For a 50cc saw it seems to have more torque than my 026 or husky 51. It starts super easy and idles all day long. I just like the d@$n thing.

I guess my oldest 025,paid 100 bucks for it 12yrs ago .I could n't figure out why it was so much stronger and louder than my other saws.Yep it was mmodded and ported .Friend rebuilt carb and told me it had been worked on. It has never let me down.

Latest posts

Back