Youz Guyz won't believe this!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scootr

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
OK, I got a 034 off Sleezbay......the usual.....p/c scored. I figured on that, no surprise. I got off work early today, started messin' with the saw. Take it apart, start looking for a p/c after I got cylinder semi-clean. I just happen to walk by a box with Stihl parts in it. Right there on top was a piston, from a 028 Super, 46mm. Same size as an 034!

So, I put them side by each, 028s is a little shorter. The skirt is about 1/8" shorter, the top of piston is about .050 shorter from wrist pin. BUT...........028S piston has a pop-up dome, I figure between that and no cylinder gasket, it should bring compression close. So, I put that piston in it w/no base gasket. Compression seems pretty good. I put a little mix in intake (no carb), give her a few pulls, ZIIIINNNGG....DIINNG...DIINNG. It started!

Now I am really excited! I only had 1 ring for that piston, the other went in a Husky 55! So I put it together for a trial run. The sucker screams! I swear it revs higher than any other saw I have. I think I discovered a new 034 mod.

Anyway, the moral of the story........You can't keep a good Stihl down, they even bring Husky's back from the dead!
Bwaaaahahahah!:greenchainsaw:

Back