Zama C1Q-S77B - Choke Plate Sticks!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveSr

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
This carb is on a Stihl 1123 series MS210. I couldn't believe it when I saw it today. The choke plate stuck closed when the master control lever was lifted to fast idle position. No wonder it flooded!

The choke plate is not beveled like the throttle plate. I don't know if this is a QC issue or a cost reduction. This is Chinese Zama C.A. 2008. Any suggestions on how to fix it? or new carb?

Thanks,

Steve

The shaft holding the plate may be warped. I usually take a very large flat head screwdriver to lightly pry on the shaft to loosen the bind. Sometimes you can see a bow to it so you know which side to pry first.

With the amount of trouble you're having with this saw, I would vote to replace the whole carb with the walbro unit. I just did this swap myself and was very surprised at the response and power that it now has. BTW, my saw was doing the exact same thing and after taking the Zama apart and cleaning three separate times, I went to my dealer and bought the walbro for $25. Good luck.

Just loosen the screw and try to center it better. You may want to put a dab of blue Loctite on the threads before retightening.
Yea, that got it. I also noticed that this choke plate has a larger bypass hole that is currently blocked by the shaft. Will the saw actually run in choke position with the larger bypass hole opened up?

With the amount of trouble you're having with this saw, I would vote to replace the whole carb with the walbro unit. I just did this swap myself and was very surprised at the response and power that it now has. BTW, my saw was doing the exact same thing and after taking the Zama apart and cleaning three separate times, I went to my dealer and bought the walbro for $25. Good luck.
Which walbro? Wt-215? The issue with this is that the adjustment screws don't line up with the grommet. The other issue is that without a limiter cap the the screw settings on the side of the air filter housing are incorrect. If this was my saw I wouldn't mind but I am not the end user. If the user decides to reset the carb to these settings it is now too lean!

I'm not exactly sure which walbro I was sold, I'd have to go look. And the jets don't line up with the tank vent holder/ filler piece, so I used my tach to set the carb. I set the carb with the filter cover off and the vent holder moved out of the way. Worked great for me and best of luck to you.

I'm not exactly sure which walbro I was sold, I'd have to go look. And the jets don't line up with the tank vent holder/ filler piece, so I used my tach to set the carb. I set the carb with the filter cover off and the vent holder moved out of the way. Worked great for me and best of luck to you.
Just curious if that was an aftermarket carb or genuine Walbro. The reason I ask is that a genuine Walbor 215 is going for more than $25 online. Did you buy yours from a Stihl dealer?

So I just went and looked at my ms210 and yes it is the Walbro 215 and yes it is a genuine Walbro bought from my local dealer for under $25.

Latest posts

Back