Zama Carb for a FS80 R????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know, I know, not a chainsaw. But I got this FS80R and the inside of the carb was very corroded. Looking at getting a replacement and was wondering if there was a difference between a ZAMA C1Q-S169A and C1Q-S157?

Anyone got one of these lying around?

Thanks!

I

I believe that is the same carb i have on my fs45c. They used several variants of these carbs on several models. Wouldnt it be neice to know what the differences are? And if so, why do they use different ones? Kinda sill i think. All i know is it sure stinks to buy any small unit and have to pay 50-75 bucks every few years because of carb problems when a new unit is usually around 2-300 bucks. Makes you want to trade in every year doesnt it?!:msp_thumbdn:

I believe that is the same carb i have on my fs45c. They used several variants of these carbs on several models. Wouldnt it be neice to know what the differences are? And if so, why do they use different ones? Kinda sill i think. All i know is it sure stinks to buy any small unit and have to pay 50-75 bucks every few years because of carb problems when a new unit is usually around 2-300 bucks. Makes you want to trade in every year doesnt it?!:msp_thumbdn:

I am with you on that. Why are there multiple different part numbered carbs that fit on the same machine?

I got this weedeater on CL for cheap and the primer bulb would not prime. Well took the carb off and there was so much white flakey stuff on the inside. I am just going to replace the whole carb. Weedeater looks darn good and I know they are good weedeaters cause I use the exact same one. Runs and cuts like an sob.

I don't know if/what the difference is. Might go to Zama and see what diff is. Just put a C1Q-S157 PN: 4137 120 0614 A on a FS80R works fine. Picked up 2 last year on Ebay for$25 NIB sealed pkg. Check there and your Stihl dealer. I've heard since Stihl bought Zama carb prices from dealer have gone down drastically. Unfortunately that was the last one I had.
Shep

Latest posts

Back