ZAMA carb help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave_376

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I have a ECHO srm 2400 weed wacker with a zama c1u k18 carb in it. I know its not a chain saw but with the number of knowledgeable people here I'm hoping to get some help. I cleaned it by soaking it in Berrymans parts cleaner (paint can). It is spotless with new gaskets and diaphragms but it still wont run. I can't get it to prime!! When I pump the purge bulb it pushes bubbles into the gas tank. I think it has a bad check valve. Is there a valve in the primer base part or is the only check valve next tot the needle? Does anyone have experience on replacing check valves? How do you get them out?

Sounds like your lines are crossed at the purge valve. Most of these I have seen, well, all of them so far, suck fuel through the carb.

Sounds like your lines are crossed at the purge valve. Most of these I have seen, well, all of them so far, suck fuel through the carb.
Are you saying that they suck fuel through the main body of the carb into the purge bulb and then the air and excess fuel back out through the prime assembly into the gas tank?

Are you saying that they suck fuel through the main body of the carb into the purge bulb and then the air and excess fuel back out through the prime assembly into the gas tank?

100%, sucks fuel through the carb, from the tank. It purges the air then.

Carbs I have seen, the closest together carb purge valve nipple (suck side on the purge, feel it with your finger) and nearwest carb nipple go toether. Other side of the carb is the inlet nipple from the tank and filter. Remaining purge nipple is return to tank.

It still wont prime. I switched the lines a few times and nothing. I put the fuel line on the carb nipple and pulled it over until I could get it to run 30 or 40 times but still no purging with the bulb. I still think there is a bad check valve somewhere.

It still wont prime. I switched the lines a few times and nothing. I put the fuel line on the carb nipple and pulled it over until I could get it to run 30 or 40 times but still no purging with the bulb. I still think there is a bad check valve somewhere.

Could be, look at the links there

Back