Zama Carb manual

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jed1154

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
This is NOT for a chainsaw, but i bet a chainsaw uses it. Its actually for a homelite string trimmer...a UT2002A. The carb number from homelite is 985624001 (marked superseded) by 308054003.

Does this mean anything to anyone? It has plastic crap all over the carb, and i think it needs to be adjusted, but i can't really turn anything. There is red cap and a white cap. The red one can't be turned, but the white one can, and it has not effect on teh running of the engine that i can tell. It still wont idle unless half choked and it will not run well on no choke.

EDIT: OK, here are all the numbers that are on the carb:

C1U
140 H
H60D
46A

Last edited:
yes that means its made in china just being honest with you on that note

it would be better quality to get a older trimmer and fix it up

and go with a walbro carb instead of a zama

zama is made in china if you did not know

i sell tons of the zama primer bulbs more than walbro primer bulbs i guess that explains the quality of the product
i sorry if you are having trouble with that unit if i were you i take it back to where you bought it and tell them you want your $ back and then go buy a used 1980 some model trimmer and fix it up to use

it would last you over 20 years or more

Last edited:
It was a gift. And its way to old to return. When it siezes up, ill get a Stihl or Echo.

By that time, they'll probably be made in china too :)

Dan

the way things are heading probily correct on that one

jed i did not know it was a gift

glad you did not spend any funds on it
find you a ST-200 or a SX-135 they are good trimmers

oh dan guess what i have
some ST-200 trimmer parts

Last edited:
I would never have bought it, but i must say, up to now, its been a very reliable trimmer.

Now, if i buy a kit for this thing, can i flush the orifices with carb cleaner WITHOUT taking otu the adjustment screws?

Latest posts

Back