zama S61 query

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrew346

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello gents- im having a bit of trouble with my ms200t- recently its started to be really sluggish off the bottom, you have to really give it some gas to keep it alive. It starts ok, and although somtimes its runs well, mostly it exhibits this problem. I suppose its an intermittent fault.

I recently got the service manual and ipl from a v kind member of this site, and i thought id look more closely at the carb just to see if theres anything obviously wrong, and my attention was directed to the inlet control lever from reading the troubleshooting section of the shop manual.

The manual states the lever position too low as one possible cause of poor acceleration, but i can see my lever is too high- it sits about 1mm/0.0393" above the wall, although when i press the lever, theres quite a bit of play before it actually lifts the needle. So now im wondering have i found my fault?

im hopefully going to get the rebuild kit tomorrow as im not really all that sure of the integrity of the gasket and diaphragm also.

I tried to take photos but i couldnt zoom close enough without making a blurry mess. Can anyone else suggest something that might cause the poor acceleration? I was looking at the jets and i can see the main jet on the left (if looking from above with the two adjusting screws pointing toward you) but i am confused as to how can i check if the lowspeed jet is clogged?

Id be v grateful for any pointers from those who have any experience with this. :confused:

Latest posts

Back