Evergreen ID

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bdwc

Reaction score
Hey Folks, I have several small evergreen trees sprouting up in my flower beds, and wondering if someone can help me identify them. I transplanted a couple of them into pots.IMG_1887.JPG

Now you have a nice, potted weed. Plant them around the yard, and you'll have a lifelong hobby... digging them back up while swearing profusely.

:D
:ices_rofl:
For me it was the "pretty little mimosa tree" I dug up from somewhere and planted in my yard. BIG MISTAKE.
You can't kill the darn things and they multiply profusely.

Oh, gawd... my father tried growing that in the back yard back in the early 70's and when he finally found a variety that didn't die as soon as fall arrived... it took over the backyard. I spent most of a summer trying to get rid of it all with a roto-tiller when nothing else seemed to faze it. And, this was in Nebraska, for crying out loud. I hate to think of the nightmare a more suitable climate might have produced.

Try Bamboo :p
I have considered it.:rolleyes:

Actually, there is a guy I used to buy blueberries from who lives close by who had it growing behind his house. It was HUGE and looked gorgeous... he had a path from the driveway to the house and it was like walking through a rain forest. Some of it was as big around as my arm. He also had a hot tub in a gazebo back there too.
It's a tempting thought... but one I have been able to resist so far. :D

Oh, gawd... my father tried growing that in the back yard back in the early 70's and when he finally found a variety that didn't die as soon as fall arrived... it took over the backyard. I spent most of a summer trying to get rid of it all with a roto-tiller when nothing else seemed to faze it. And, this was in Nebraska, for crying out loud. I hate to think of the nightmare a more suitable climate might have produced.
"I contracted removal once" Did I mention once:eek:

Back