A/C to Heat?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crappiemiser

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
How long from when you turn off the a/c and turn on the heat? Probably about a month here in Iowa but some years it's only a week or two. This cooler weather has definitely put me in a better mood and am thinking about burning some wood!

Outside of a random day here or there, I usually make it 6 weeks or so.

Believe it or not it has been as little as hours for me. I've actually had heat in the morning and a/c at night. Not this year. Going on a week of neither.

How long from when you turn off the a/c and turn on the heat? Probably about a month here in Iowa but some years it's only a week or two. This cooler weather has definitely put me in a better mood and am thinking about burning some wood!
when i came home this am,,noticed friend of mine in next town over had his woodburner going...........

My house uses radiators. I heat the water with an outside wood burner and heat exchanger. I wait till winter has really set in before firing all the up. I'll use little electric heaters here and there until the average daytime temp drops to below 55 degrees. So, maybe 6 weeks...8 weeks if I push it.

I was burning at night and opening windows during the day last week. This week been running ac all week supposed to be 94 tomorrow 36 hrs later will be 42 and burning

It is supposed to be cooler this weekend so I removed the screen on the top of the chimney, brought my two wood boxes to the garage, got the two inside wood boxes brought in and got some wood down to the house if I end up needing a fire.
Temps back in the 70's for next week. 24/7 burning isn't here yet.

I don't heat with wood, but I can still answer the question, right? The answer is that around this time of year we can be on a/c in the daytime and heat at night. It can be high 70s during the day and down to the 30s at night. I got tired of manual switching and bought neato-keeno thermostats that switch over automatically, complete with different setpoints for heat and a/c. As an added bonus I can control them remotely over the internet.

Back