ACTIVE 39.39 Top Handle, thoughts?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here I did some work for ya. Looks like it has decent power. Wonder what chain it has? I'd like to see a side by side with the same chain as a 200T.

I do not like the side handle position on this thing.

QUOTE]

I don't care about three cut cookie races, this thing will not last in the professional environment. Just like you've already stated.

I don't like the looks of that side handle either.........or the finger tip hold technique in the vid.:dizzy:

The link in the original post is cheesy to the max. Saws sitting on someone's picnic table is marketing? The saw's build does not impress me and judging from the rest of that marketing material, neither do the spec sheets. The OP is working way, way too hard pushing a brand he's never even held. Just fess up your true intentions, you'll feel better. This "Active" may be a fine homeowner, occaisional use saw but far from being a pro-arborist competitor.

Here I did some work for ya. Looks like it has decent power. Wonder what chain it has? I'd like to see a side by side with the same chain as a 200T.

I do not like the side handle position on this thing.

QUOTE]

I don't care about three cut cookie races, this thing will not last in the professional environment. Just like you've already stated.

I don't like the looks of that side handle either.........or the finger tip hold technique in the vid.:dizzy:

The link in the original post is cheesy to the max. Saws sitting on someone's picnic table is marketing? The saw's build does not impress me and judging from the rest of that marketing material, neither do the spec sheets. The OP is working way, way too hard pushing a brand he's never even held. Just fess up your true intentions, you'll feel better. This "Active" may be a fine homeowner, occaisional use saw but far from being a pro-arborist competitor.

Ya agreed. His first post sounded an awful lot like a sales pitch to me.

Hi Guys

C/Saw Active 39.39 has arrived, VERY happy about it, runs and goes like a dream.

Will take some photos soon as i can

Thanks for all the feedback and help.

Cheers and beers

:chainsawguy:

It is a clone to the Zenoah 2500 / Oleo Mac 260 / Efco 2600 with a little more ccm/hp. I did a thread some time ago on the oleo mac but the pics got lost. Will have to redue. I still have mine and have used it a lot. I like it! Of course I am no pro so it's not heavy duty use. Would it stand up to pro use? I have no idea but I guess it would last a few years. Here is a link to the review.
http://www.arboristsite.com/communi...leo-mac-gs-260-efco-mt-2600-pic-heavy.204968/

Would I as a pro buy one? The answer is no. Why? Because I have read so much about the Echo 355t being a GREAT TH I would rather buy that.

It's been 3+ years, i'm sure you got the camera sorted by now. o_O

I have a lead on this same saw for a good price over here and was hoping on some follow up.

Sorry for the "short" delay....LOL

Here are some photos, of the unboxing and 1st.day

I get P to climb the trees, i have bad knees at the moment, i am happy with feet on the ground running around, DSCF1989.JPG DSCF1992.JPG DSCF2007.JPG DSCF1997.JPG DSCF2017.JPG DSCF2049.JPG DSCF2062.JPG cutting on the ground, fuel-boy, axeman etc etc

The 39.39 has far exceeded my expectations, very very fast cutter, guzzles a bit of fuel though

This was a tought cutting job, tight with room, little daylight, pressed for time DSCF1915.JPG DSCF1986.JPG DSCF1988.JPG

Enjoy the photos

Cheers

Solo has the best power to wieght ratios in the industry. These lil active green monters look good. l bet pound for pound they are a great saw with plenty of grunt.......even if they like to drink, well l don't trust anyone who don't like to drink.

Sorry for the "short" delay....LOL

Here are some photos, of the unboxing and 1st.day. I get P to climb the trees, i have bad knees at the moment, i am happy with feet on the ground running around, cutting on the ground, fuel-boy, axeman etc etc
The 39.39 has far exceeded my expectations, very very fast cutter, guzzles a bit of fuel though. This was a tought cutting job, tight with room, little daylight, pressed for time Enjoy the photos, Cheers

All good, no worries about the short delay. :) Looks a nice saw. What other top handles have you used before and how did you rate it compared to these. Particularly in reference to power, weight/balance and build quality. What is the toughest wood you have cut with it?

Unfortunately, even with engine technology these days, if you want more power you will use more fuel. Even simple basic muffler mods will see increased fuel consumption. Mild ones it may be barely noticeable but others it is plain as day. I won't even mention ported saws.

My cousin who was living in Melbourne near an Active dealer has now permanently moved back to my town as he is engaged to be married before the end of the year. I am really happy for him and because as he will be around more often, but he cannot get the saw for me now and the drive is like 15 hours return, so a tad outta my way! ;)

All good, no worries about the short delay. :) Looks a nice saw. What other top handles have you used before and how did you rate it compared to these. Particularly in reference to power, weight/balance and build quality. What is the toughest wood you have cut with it?

Unfortunately, even with engine technology these days, if you want more power you will use more fuel. Even simple basic muffler mods will see increased fuel consumption. Mild ones it may be barely noticeable but others it is plain as day. I won't even mention ported saws.

My cousin who was living in Melbourne near an Active dealer has now permanently moved back to my town as he is engaged to be married before the end of the year. I am really happy for him and because as he will be around more often, but he cannot get the saw for me now and the drive is like 15 hours return, so a tad outta my way! ;)

I have a Husky 338XPT that was a disaster, never ran properly, low quality and high price [ = loss x loss], purchased that as i did NOT go with my gut and followed the crowd and "expert" advice, lesson learned.

Now i know why Husky has had about 4 more goes at trying to make a top handle saw, inc. the current model Made In China and ex-Komatsu model, not sure if they still give issues, burnt me, never again a Husky top handle, most of the XP saws they make are great, but i hear they have problems with the autotune models.What ever happened to KISS??

I purchased my ACTIVE by mail/post maybe you can try that?, been a couple of years now and has not missed a beat, so yeah very happy with it, if i destroy it would buy the same again.

Cheers

Solo has the best power to wieght ratios in the industry. These lil active green monters look good. l bet pound for pound they are a great saw with plenty of grunt.......even if they like to drink, well l don't trust anyone who don't like to drink.

SOLO has been sold to AlKo and its a disaster getting spares, they wont air freight anything, ship/sea or nothing, i have a SOLO 531 sickle mower, always 10 weeks delay for a spare and they wont strip a new unit to help me out

Not sure if AlKo will continue on with SOLO, or kill it off, maybe they will start to sell them to box stores under AlKo brand? even the importer is worried and will just focus on the Solo sprayers and AlKo can do the petrol products

Cheers

As far as the info here goes, Alko want's to continue the Solo brand and reinvest. But to be honest I believe that they will reduce the line to the popular models. Not sure what will survive. Although to be honest I love my Solo saw! I have a new version 644 and that is real little beast! Belongs to one of my best starting saws also.

Back