another old 045AV part 2

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snowdog

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
well i fixed the ground wire in the 045 put it back together and put a new spark plug in the old girl. NOTHING. so i guess i'll go begging for a working electric ignition set up. i looked for part numbers on my saw and i couldn't find any numbers that matched my ipl. the number on the bottom of the ignition was 2 207 031 114 and the number on the flywheel is 020409800211111111. any help with trouble shooting or parts would be helpful. i did some searching and i'm still not sure if i can convert it to SEM electric ignition. here is a pic of the current one.

Dead Bosch...

You can convert it to SEM. You'll need the flywheel from an SEM 056 (NOT TS08). You can use the SEM ignition module the Module from a TS08 or 056M2.

If you buy a set from Stihl, it will set you back over $300... so used is your best route.

thanks Andy, well i guess it's not the quick easy cheap fix i was hoping for. the tough part now is that the rest of the saw is in such great shape for an 045. guess i got some searching to do. thanks again. oh and if anyone has anything let me know.

Back