Back In The Shop......Now What's On Your Bench????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On my bench.. Let's see I got a ms290 with a cracked tank and bad piston being converted to a farmertec ms390, an ms310 being pieces together by random 1127 series parts ( little brothers first saw) a Kawasaki 4010 mule diesel engine rebuild, an 066 revival (mine) an 01 xr100r in need of a scrap pile, an ms211, an 025, a 575 xp (mine) BOTH of our 026s. Swear they will male me lose the rest of my hair. And my 77 sporty 1000. Along with 10 plus machines need attention. Really can not wit to get moved into my new shop.

For those of you that think Autotune and M-Tronic are overly complicated I give you EFI.20151202_103400.jpg

Attachments

• 20151202_104352.jpg
    20151202_104352.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 39
If rebuilding I give a good blow job and then WD40 the crank bearings.
If it's a runner, I will run it immediately after for 5 mins piss revving the crap out of it.:chainsaw:

Sent from my iStihl.
Video lol. Or should i say ****.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

412b5a5f60c97c6ec2ba2e4c12100bbc.jpg

all caught up. guy dropped off three saws to tinker with. Hate to see this echo go. Its a sweet saw.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Picked up my new T27 bit and took the rest of the 029s apart to clean. They sure put the main bolts in tight on the 029 saws, much easier to remove in the newer 290s. This T27 is supposedly guaranteed for life...we'll see. Had a lot of difficulty removing the bar studs from the saws also. I guess Stihl must have glued the bolts in the older saws.

Need a stud remover. Stihl makes a nice socket type. Bought mine years ago and never looked back!

View attachment 465973 That's a 1 1/4 inch wrench. Bench is 3/4" thick 4'x10'

I noticed it looks like your running PEX for the airlines in your shop. Had any trouble with it? I've been saving my shop airline project for a few really cold weekends when I got nothing else going this winter. Debating back and forth between copper tubing, PEX or one of those airline tubing kits from Northern Tool. I think PEX would be the easiest and the cheapest, and I've already got a crimper. Any advise would be appreciated.

I got the shelf queen down for some work.

9313788d8e02032953919802bb8d065f.jpg

Need to change the rear handle, fix the fuel tank and get it running.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
I gotta ask, did that start life as a stock chainsaw or totally fabricated, cause other than maybe the rear handle there isn't much there that looks familiar :)

*******, my Husqvarna T435 runs well, but not just as i want it. When it isn't warm enough, it idles for a few seconds, like 10 or so, then dies, this almost happens until it is warm enough. Once you start sawing the revving drops it hesistates and then it starts sawing. The hesistating is a second or two. It just doesn't feel like i want it to saw. I just want it like if i push the trigger it doesn't hesistate and just revvs up like a normal saw does. I still don't have compressiontester and vacuum/pressuretester so don't know what to do. It also has been at the local shop but it didn't help.

*******, my Husqvarna T435 runs well, but not just as i want it. When it isn't warm enough, it idles for a few seconds, like 10 or so, then dies, this almost happens until it is warm enough. Once you start sawing the revving drops it hesistates and then it starts sawing. The hesistating is a second or two. It just doesn't feel like i want it to saw. I just want it like if i push the trigger it doesn't hesistate and just revvs up like a normal saw does. I still don't have compressiontester and vacuum/pressuretester so don't know what to do. It also has been at the local shop but it didn't help.

sounds like it needs some adjustment on the L.

Back