Back In The Shop......Now What's On Your Bench????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished renewing the bottom end on the CD2100.
P&C should be here early next week. Can't wait to fire up this old girl. Bought it seize up. She had a hard life!

Sent from my iStihl.

No case gasket Vince? I've been wondering if that would be ok on these saws.

1st up: my own air leaking sob 630/272xp conversion. AM cylinder, AM intake manifold, AM gaskets (i'm starting to see a trend here). Seals are fine. Passes vac/pressure tests when blocked off at the cylinder. Rev the saw up and it 4 strokes then steadily climbs and leans out. I'm gonna remove the jug, sand the aluminum and both sides of that POS plastic intake block and install new gaskets.
20151201_113153.jpg
Next was my 026 pro. Same symptoms. Passed p/vac test. Screen inside carb was plugged. New fuel line and filter. Problem fixed.

2nd 026, same problem, same fix:rock:.
4th saw: 028 super. Same symptoms, new line and filter didn't fix it. Needs new seals

Cleaned up and organized my "chainsaw area" on Sunday. I was having trouble keeping auto parts, motorcycle parts and saw parts separated and organized so I took some separate tools and supplies and designated an entire area just to saws. In the one photo, L to R: MAC3216 I was given, trying to get it to run and it is fighting me every step of the way :mad:, Craftsman 2.0 or 2.2, PP5020, Wild Thingy, Poulan 3000, 440EVL Echo, and Pioneer P28. They are all mine save for the Echo. I only :rolleyes:had one saw this time last near...:rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMG_3798.JPG
    IMG_3798.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_3800.JPG
    IMG_3800.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 49
Well, I guess my Stihl MS361 is back on the bench. Thought I had it fixed but it's acting up again. I went out to try it out today and it died in the cut. Then it acted like it wasn't getting any gas so when I get the time I'll try a new carb and see if that helps. The pulse hose looked okay and I tried running it on it's side with the fuel cap off and it did the same thing so doubt if it's the vent.
What do you guys think would be the best, a Walbro or a Zama? I can get either for about the same price.

'

Quations, do your guys use aftermarked sealing rings? and if so, where do your guys buy aftermarked sealing to Huskys?

This is almost impossible to get in Norway, but at last, I got hold of one tube.
Where do your guys buy the Locktite 518?

Attachments

• _DSC1743.jpg
    _DSC1743.jpg
    453 KB · Views: 32
Just finished putting a piston/cylinder kit on a ms391 I picked up for free at work. Customer got her a lil hot trying to cut with a dull chain I guess. Popped a section of piston off about the size of a quarter and one crank bearing was coming apart. It will have a much happier life in my hands.
Right now there is a ms250 on the bench that I just threw a Chinese replacement engine in. Another "I thought it was mixed gas" freebies from one of our customers.

I have a feeling my 361 isn't getting gas because maybe it's because the fuel line is shaped so that maybe the filter isn't down in the tank enough. I noticed it when I put it in but thought it might settle in once it was exposed to the fuel and of course gravity. I'll try filling up the tank more and see if that helps. I have had saws before that I had to put a weight on the pickup filter because they were so light they just would float on the gas rather than go in it.

Thinking about ordering a new carb for it today, don't think I'll go with the original type. I've done every test I can think of and just can't get it to cut. It will run as long as you don't run it wide open and you can rev it up briefly but when you put it in the wood..nothing. I've tried adjusting it leaner and richer, just seems like it's not getting enough fuel. New line, new filter..

Back