Back In The Shop......Now What's On Your Bench????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you vac/pressure tested the saw?
No, I haven't got that far yet, I did check the compression and it is a bit low but if necessary I have a spare piston and cylinder and a new set of rings for it. I've had the sides off it and didn't notice any oil around the seals. I checked the intake and pulse hose and they seemed fine. If I have to tear it down for a pressure test I'll probably also change the cylinder. I went ahead and ordered the Zama carb this time, see what happens..

I was given a no-name saw which leaked oil. Have tried several times to fix it, still leaves puddle on the floor. The pictures below (first one is duplicated sorry), show the rubber elbow, which is where it is leaking. Could not find anything to fit; one from a stihl was too small. The outlet from the oil tank is about 6.2mm or 7/16". Anybody have a clue what I could get to replace it.
Thanks
Pete

oil feed1.jpeg oil feed1.jpeg oil feed2.jpeg

I was just thinking I have to many work benches. 5 total 3 used as benches almost daily, 2 used but get pilled on.

Got the combine back on its wheels washed and parked for winter.

View attachment 470768

So we started fixing the cab floor in the dump truck.View attachment 470770
View attachment 470769

House bench, hobby bench.

View attachment 470775

I spied a few 1121 series saws on the bench (024, 026ish). Are they down for the count or just getting revamped for another day :cool:

I was just thinking I have to many work benches. 5 total 3 used as benches almost daily, 2 used but get pilled on.

Got the combine back on its wheels washed and parked for winter.

View attachment 470768

So we started fixing the cab floor in the dump truck.View attachment 470770
View attachment 470769

House bench, hobby bench.

View attachment 470775

I see you have good taste in equipment, is that a IH 1256 Turbo next to the dump truck? I have a 1952 Super C 90% restored (just need to button up the wiring and paint) and a 1955 300 Row Crop getting ready to go under the knife. Just picked up a IH 270A back hoe, needs the fuel pump replaced.

Joe

I was given a no-name saw which leaked oil. Have tried several times to fix it, still leaves puddle on the floor. The pictures below, show the rubber elbow, which is where it is leaking. Could not find anything to fit; one from a stihl was too small. The outlet from the oil tank is about 6.2mm or 7/16". Anybody have a clue what I could get to replace it.
Thanks
Pete

Any chance you can post a pic of the saw and or at least a name/numbers?
Seems like a lot of folks can surprise us with what misc carcasses and things they have in the deep inventory corners.
A shot of the location where the "bulkhead fitting" actually fits could be handy.

IS there any chance that a few wraps of teflon pipe tape might help?
IF there's enough room to give it a slight twist to help prevent unwrapping the tape,
then chances are better for getting it in tightly.
of course you need to twist in the direction that wont UN-wind the tape.
Plus if it doesn't go right the 1st try... ehh, that tape's not too expensive to take a few tries, considering the worth of a leak fix!
Of course this is all assuming that the rubber fitting isn't so soft that it just squishes
down and wont hold firm to help keep its shape thus holding the seal.

IMG_1115_zpskzuepwui.jpg

You guys quit sneaking into my garage and bustin fins on 044 flywheels, it aint nice!!!

Also pictured to the far right is the most damaged 066 crankcase of all time, 2 busted halves, a frozen crank shattered piston, and three broken fins in a row on the flywheel, no idea why it was still on the shelf, not even any rubber bits to scavenge.

I was given a no-name saw which leaked oil. Have tried several times to fix it, still leaves puddle on the floor. The pictures below (first one is duplicated sorry), show the rubber elbow, which is where it is leaking. Could not find anything to fit; one from a stihl was too small. The outlet from the oil tank is about 6.2mm or 7/16". Anybody have a clue what I could get to replace it.
Thanks
Pete

View attachment 470833 View attachment 470833 View attachment 470834
Echo has an elbow in some of their saws for the oiler and for the fuel line, might try a dealer and see if they can match it up.

I see you have good taste in equipment, is that a IH 1256 Turbo next to the dump truck? I have a 1952 Super C 90% restored (just need to button up the wiring and paint) and a 1955 300 Row Crop getting ready to go under the knife. Just picked up a IH 270A back hoe, needs the fuel pump replaced.

Joe

It's a 856 been looking for a 1256 or 1456.

A little cool here today but needed to put a new fuel line on my 029 I'm rebuilding so I took it in the house, wife went crazy over that idea! I convinced her it was perfectly okay because the saw was empty and it only took a couple of minutes or so. Those lines go in a lot easier if you put a dab of soap on them where they go thru the case. Saw's back in the shed and wife's happy again..

On my bench now is 3x357xpg, 2x42, 1x254xpg..then i should finish 1x362xpg, 2x372xpg, 3x354xpg, 5x262xpg, 1x266xpg....I've lost control over my projects........

Is there any ebayshop your guys can recommend when it comes to the walbro gasket sets (for hda 199 and HdA 120)

Have also attached some pictures of the saw.
It is 7 years old; 37cc, weighs 11lbs, 16" bar
Brand is gardenline.
Looked at similar size Echo chainsaw parts, but they have a different oiler set-up.
Makita seems to do without rubber hose for oil.
Tried a stihl pipe, but it was too small.
Tried wrapping it in plumbers tape, but still leaked.
It is a nice light saw, starts easily, cuts well. Would be a shame to scrap it for want of a bit of rubber.
Thanks
Pete

View attachment 470833 View attachment 470833 View attachment 470834
oil3.jpeg oil4.jpeg

IMG_1115_zpskzuepwui.jpg

You guys quit sneaking into my garage and bustin fins on 044 flywheels, it aint nice!!!

Also pictured to the far right is the most damaged 066 crankcase of all time, 2 busted halves, a frozen crank shattered piston, and three broken fins in a row on the flywheel, no idea why it was still on the shelf, not even any rubber bits to scavenge.

Dadgummit, hoarding all those 044 crankcases ought to be a crime or something :confused:
No wonder I can't find any parts saws to build a restored saw. All of them are in the basement at Daves! :D

Latest posts

Back