Been Thinking About Moving to the United States

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so I clearly overstepped some bounds. But rest assured I've learned my lesson! I sincerely apologize to anyone disabled I might've offended. I henceforth will take what I've learned here and use said instances in all forthcoming conversations outside the net world.
Homosexuals, women's reproductive organs, breasts, and posteriors, etc are apparently fair game... who knew? On a side note I ordered a rim sprocket kit for the Dolmar PS-510. It may or may not fit, hmmmm. Anyway Got a date with a 2 A.M. flight to Zurich then a rental to St. Anton to do some skiing. Don't do anything I wouldn't do...which considering I'm a slack-jawed miscreant means open season!
Cheers

that's crazy! was it from rain or the quake the other day off the coast? I wouldn't want to be the dozer operator setting there waiting for the go a head!

They cut the bottom off an unstable slope, the rain and gravity did the rest. All of the highways here have similar problems, some day we will get trapped here.

The Siskiyou and Klamath Mountains are incredibly steep. I have off-roaded all over those mountains and there are always wash-outs, slides and road closures. Many places around there that I have been to previously are now inaccessible due to wash outs and land slides. Similar things have happened around Big Basin in Santa Cruz, down Highway 1 south of Monterey, and north of SF on Highway 1.

The road into my place here in the Cascades is prone to slides and they have permanent rock slide warning signs with a number to call if there is a slide. Right now there is a collection of huge boulders along the road from recent slides. There are also a lot of tree trunks sitting along it from windthrow during last week's ice storm. I need to go out and do some firewood harvesting with my chainsaws after this next storm passes. I will take anything except the cottonwood.

Being nave, I didn't know what LGBT meant until I found out here it means Liquor, Guns, Bacon and Tits. WTF?

Ok you made me laugh!!

I guess we'll let you move down here. Lol

There's a bunch of nice places in the US just like Canada. There's also places to avoid. Anywhere in the upper Midwest would be a seamless transition from Canada ( they even have Tim Hortons). For mountains Colorado is great but crazy money now days......look at WY, ID, and MT

Another nice place for woodlands is the Ozarks in southern Missouri and Northwest Arkansas. Lots of trees, cheap land, and nice weather.

You can't go wrong with the 30-30 either.

Not really. slowp has been on my ignore list for a long time here. If she wants to embrace all the flaming liberal LGBTQ stuff, that is great. She is not even in my state, so I could care less. My issue is with the shoving all this LGBTQ crap down everyone's throats here. I could care less what they do among themselves, but ~they~ want to make it EVERYONE's issue here, including mine. So I have taken a political stance. Treat them equal, but not with endless special privileges. And, as seen here, if I have a contrarian opinion, I am called a NAZI. Highly amusing. I have no affiliation with the Nazis, or the white supremacists, or the militias, and my father fought the Nazis in the North Atlantic in WWII. Many of my friends are JEWS, hispanics and blacks (explain THAT, Ms Nazi-labeling slowp). Nor am I anti-LGBTQ. I just refuse to EMBRACE it. But noooooooo..... I am labeled a fascist anyway. By who? Someone who claims to know all about the PNW, labels me as a Nazi, and is so contrarian to what I see every day here in the PNW that it is pathetic (and why I tossed her on my iggy list long ago).

I am used to it though. I have a second cousin that is a lesbian and lives in NY. I removed her from my FB account because I was tired of all of her LGBTQ politics and issue posts. But oh no! If I do not openly EMBRACE gay rights, fanatically support all of their issues and leftist politics, I am an evil fascist gay-hating Nazi. In truth I do not care about gay rights or politics, either way. But it has become so political here now. This state is also becoming an openly illegal alien sanctuary, which I detest. OR and WA are so openly supportive of the homeless we have become a magnet for every bum in the US and Canada. I trip over homeless camps here wherever I go lately in Portland and Seattle. The states have also become a haven for LGBTQ issues, and they want a raft of special treatment for being what they are.

In the end? This last election was a referendum on these issues, and the Democratic party was voted down in spades across the nation. The Republicans now hold more offices in the US than any other time in history. The tide is against these leftist policies and issues, simply because they have gone too far. If you do not believe me, then listen to Bill Maher, who (to my shock) is saying the same thing. The leftists are flocking here to the west coast in droves it seems. And the likes of me are being forced out. Not just by politics, but by insane hikes in prices. My property has quadrupled since I bought it 6 years ago. Taxes are going up as well to support all the illegals and bums and special programs. The cost of living is also going way up. I can buy a nice place in Boise for 1/3 the price of this place, with more land and a newer house in it. So I will likely leave, and be happy doing so. And if all the lefties cheer me on for leaving? Hey, great. But really, up here in the Cascades, my neighbors are mostly conservatives. And politically speaking, it is conservative from here going east all the way to Illinois.
Henry, I'd take Slowp off your ignore list if I were you. She says alot of good stuff and its hard not to love her in spite of her Democratic views. I would really feel honoured to be in Patty's presence. When I come to Washington State, my first stop will be Patty's, as long as she doesn't slam the door in my face, for which I couldn't blame her. Patty is entitled to her own opinion even if we don't like it.
John

@Gypo Logger This is just my opinion from getting sick recently, but I would stay in Canada where you have single payer. It is not the greatest, but healthcare costs in the USA can bankrupt a man real quick. I am thinking of going the other way. Moving to Canada. Have family up there. Rather be broke but with healthcare then broke and without.

@Gypo Logger This is just my opinion from getting sick recently, but I would stay in Canada where you have single payer. It is not the greatest, but healthcare costs in the USA can bankrupt a man real quick. I am thinking of going the other way. Moving to Canada. Have family up there. Rather be broke but with healthcare then broke and without.
I hear ya, here in the Yukon when your retired, the government pays for everything, medical, firewood, glasses, dental, propane and income supplement. Not that I want to be in the easy chair, but they look after us here.

I hear ya, here in the Yukon when your retired, the government pays for everything, medical, firewood, glasses, dental, propane and income supplement. Not that I want to be in the easy chair, but they look after us here.
that's about as close to social security as one can get after retirement hey! so in Canada what is it called , a hand out to the worthless? worthless after retirement?

I wont get **** in the US of A. My generation likely will not see a dime of social security. If you hate the cold, move to the coast. The best state's welfare wise are on the West coast or Vermont. Vermont still has some logging, but not much.

that's about as close to social security as one can get after retirement hey! so in Canada what is it called , a hand out to the worthless? worthless after retirement?
No, it's not like that up here. It's just that's there's so much gold up here that they have to figure out a fair way to spread it all around.

[QUOTE="windthrown, post: 6073082, . :cheers:

And of course the US west is weed friendly now too. AK, CO, WA, OR, CA, and NV are all legal to smoke rec weed in (and most allow you to grow your own).:happybanana:

I guess you can buy weed here at stores. Dunno, shoot if I'm feeling peakish after a week of hard work I might indulge in a barley pop and that puts me right to sleep.[/QUOTE]

Maine is making weed legal as well.

I guess you can buy weed here at stores. Dunno, shoot if I'm feeling peakish after a week of hard work I might indulge in a barley pop and that puts me right to sleep.

Maine is making weed legal as well.[/QUOTE]
CT has medical pot and Portland, ME has had up to a 1/2 oz as a ticket for at least four years. You kids and your devil's lettuce.

Latest posts

Back